OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT! Woot!!

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

For the reasons I stated above.

And as I stated before, if you're not pleased with my perspective...:urg oh well? :shrug

Of course to certain people it's going to be an incredibly imporant problem. I just firmly believe the government, state/federal/town/or otherwise, should be dealing with it. It is not important enough to me.

And when everything crashes and your taxes are soaring I want you to come back and tell me how unimportant the economy is. Thank you Georgie for eight years of tireless worthlessness.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Originally posted by Ult_Sm86
And when everything crashes and your taxes are soaring I want you to come back and tell me how unimportant the economy is.
I never said the economy wasn't important, but that it isn't as important as saving the life of a child.

As to everything crashing, my husband just lost his job at the library, not due to anything President Bush did, but due to the stupidity and wasteful spending of the library director. Without an income, we will also most likely lose our house, since we will no longer be able to pay our mortgage.

Everything is crashing for me, but I haven't changed my mind about the sanctity of life.

Maybe Obama will redistribute his wealth so we can keep our house.

[Edited on 10/11/08 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

Obama's 'redistribution' of wealth is really no different than former president clinton's tax set up (at least the reports i've read so far). so if you had problems with that then i can understand not liking Obama's plan.

Yes, people cannot know everything about the economy. However, there are people who spend their lives studying it and many of them tend to have some good ideas on how things work.

I'm not touching the abortion issue online with a ten foot pole.

While your husbands job loss was not in the hands of Bush, my friend (who is getting her doctorate in Toxicology) has been hard pressed to survive because of the Bush administrations stance on science (particularly those that involve the environment) grants. I didn't mind McCain's stance on the environment, but Bush's...:yell
(if anyone is interested i can get you info on how air pollution effects child development)

Interesting article about the colorado amendment they tried to pass...
http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_9449135

not saying they are right or wrong, only the can of worms that will be opened.

[Edited on 11-11-2008 by Entropy]
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...