Baby Heels

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Baby Heels

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Baby heels

So...do you find this a cute little thing to laugh over that you can doll your baby up with? Or another sign that we're making our daughters grow up too quickly?

For me, I have to lean a little to the latter. There is so much objectifing of women already in that they 'should' wear sexy things, wear makeup, look young, be thin...goodness. What happened to girls just being kids?

For that matter what happened to mothers just being mothers or any of that? Why should we all try to look like little sexpots?

But then I realize too that this is meant for fun and to be something lighthearted and that getting too women's lib over it is counterproductive too.

But yeah, sometimes you have to wonder what's next. Expecially with the trampy dolls and outfits and all that for girls nowadays.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Baby Heels

Post by JSherlock »

Hmmm.

It's cute in its own way - but...how good are shoes that big and clunky for an infant to kick around with? I know its fabric but really? And it looks just a bit ridiculous. If mothers want a kid to take shopping and do girly stuff with they should volunteer and help kids in need or adopt at the appropriate age while waiting for their small bundle of joy to grow up. ><
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Baby Heels

Post by Angelique »

As a matter of principal, I dislike high heels even for grown-ups. They're not good for the feet, even if you could find a pair that fits well. The only reason I wear them is because if I need dress shoes, my options are rather limited. And there's a reason why women typically experience more foot pain, more problems like hammer toes and bunions, and a higher incidence of arch and ankle injuries than men. I see absolutely no benefit in getting kids accustomed to wearing heels at any age.

And those shoes don't even look like they'd fit right or look nice anyway.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Baby Heels

Post by steyn »

only other thing worse then dressing your kids with adult-like clothes, is those pagaent shows *shudder* they end up looking like miniature adult dolls...creepy.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Baby Heels

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I find them unsafe and I would never get them for my kids.
(Provided if I had any)

That said, I don't think we should really look at them as making our kids look to maturity too quickly so much as we're punishing their feet too early. Extensive studies have been done that prove the most abused part of the human body, above the hands, genitalia, and torso, is our feet. We abuse the HELL out of them, and why would you start that so early?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Baby Heels

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Considering the point of heels is to look good, and those things look like shit, I don't understand how this got past the planning stage.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Baby Heels

Post by neling4 »

High heeled shoes were created by someone who hates women and wants us to break our ankles.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Baby Heels

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

That's... Ridicilous.

heels collapse if a baby attempts to stand on them.
Wonder how they collapse, the way that the baby get's a brain damage when it hits it's head in to the floor?

[Edited on 17/1/2009 by Crocodile Hunter]