7/31 Announcement: Forum Upgrades

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

Post by Technical Administrator »

Sometime today or tomorrow, the forum software powering Nightscrawlers will be upgraded to the latest stable version; the forum database will also be moved to a server with the latest stable version of the database software.

The database migration will require a very short period of read-only access to the forums; no members will be able to post during this period. The forum upgrade will result in temporary loss of the custom modifications we've made to the forum software; therefore, some Nightscrawlers-specific features may be temporarily unavailable.

The migration and upgrade period will be kept as short as possible, and all functionality and features will be restored as soon as possible.

Thank you!

-HoodedMan
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

Post by Technical Administrator »

The database has been migrated and the forum software has been upgraded. In addition, there has been quite a bit of cleanup in the database and on the forum. As noted before, we've temporarily lost the custom modifications we made to the forum software; Nightscrawlers-specific features will shortly be available.

This was a MAJOR upgrade, and many parts of the framework were completely rewritten. Please reply within this thread or U2U Technical Administrator if you notice any problems, in particular apostrophes appearing like so: '

Thank you!

-HoodedMan
Technical Administrator
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

TY so much HM! All your hard work is greatly appreciated. This is all gibberish to me!
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Yes, thanks a lot! You rock, HM! :D
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

You rock! Thanks for upgrading us. (And there are a couple of the weird apostrophes, but mostly in signatures and they're all around the board.)
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Woo! Thanks! That's awesome.

Is the new upgrade still compatible with the Gallery? I notice the link is gone.

And again:

THANK YOU!!!1!

(Wooo! Major upgrade is good!)

-e

Edited to add: The /' and /" are some kind of mysql bug Wingy. Apostrophe's are a mysql reserved character (ie. used in the source code) so in order to represent them in text, a /' or /" is used to help the computer tell them apart. Normally the database displays them correctly, however in this case it isn't. I'm sure HoodedMan is on top of it. :)

[Edited on 1/8/2008 by Saint Kurt]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

YAY HM!! :clap:thumbup:sausage

Thank you!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

All quote display issues in the database have been fixed in every field where they could be efficiently fixed.

[Edited on 1/8/08 by HoodedMan]
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.