Wall-E

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Wall-E

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Pixar's new Movie looks like it's going to be great, but honestly? I think it looks really mature for a kids film. I mean first look at the trailer you would think "great idea for a kids movie" but it's 700 years...AFTER the human race is gone? And look at the end what the spaceship breaks through in the atmosphere when it takes Wall-E away? It's almost, too mature a concept for a lot of little kids I think.

Unless humans are the ones in the space ship?

what do you guys think!?!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Wall-E

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

You know, its amazing what kids just take at face value and enjoy without thinking about all the concepts behind it. Sometimes we, as adults, overthink crap. Kids just sit back and giggle at the cute robot.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Wall-E

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Oh of course, and I would take my kid any day of the week. My concern is what some parents are going to do when they find out what it's about. Like not bring their kids. Which is a shame because it looks like a beautiful film.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Wall-E

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

FUNNY!

They posted up a few shorts.

Vaccum Troubles

Fun With Magnet

Hula Hoop. Go Figure?

Rockin out!

Bouncing Balls. Heh heh.

Fire Hydrant of DOOM!

[Edited on 12/6/08 by Ult_Sm86]
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Wall-E

Post by steyn »

actually the human race is still alive, they are the ones that sent the spaceship to earth to check if it's good to come back to. Plus trust me, what kid now a days don't know what a satellite is. It's been used so much in cartoons lately that they might actually know it's funy that 700 years in the future, space would be stock full of them.

fyi I love how they had to add the copyright bit for the hula hoop. who knew a circular band thing would go so far in life.

[Edited on 12/6/2008 by steyn]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Wall-E

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Yeah when I posted this that was before the big trailer. I know how awesome the story is now... LD LD
sovietxzion
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Boy Cereal

Wall-E

Post by sovietxzion »

this is going to be incredible! you know the first 30 minutes is virtually free of talk, it's almost Kubrick in a sense to 2001.
"Itchy, Rusty, Wretched, my ARSE!"- Jetfire

"I'm not gonna stick it in freja and make her see god, i leave that to the Pros... AKA freak"

"If sex is evil, I comitted a whole lot of evil last night."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Wall-E

Post by steyn »

screw Kubrick, it's almost like tom and jerry or roadrunner goodness. Silent comedy and intrigue. How many times do you laugh at Kubrick's films while it's just acting with no dialogue?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Wall-E

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm going to go see it on Tuesday I'll tell you guys how it was.

For some reason I can't help but feel the day it comes out, just to drive up sales, one of disney's previous movies (Short Circuit) will be taking a small claims law suit out on poor Wall-E.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Wall-E

Post by Esynthia »

my friend saw it on friday and said it was amazing.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Wall-E

Post by Saint Kurt »

It is awesome. It is art.

There is one particular scene that is so beautiful that it is now in my very exclusive "top 5 films" list. Not to mention Ben Burtt's incredible sound design and performance.

Pixar has managed to make a movie that is timeless, ageless, and completely relevant. Kick ass!

-e
sovietxzion
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Boy Cereal

Wall-E

Post by sovietxzion »

Originally posted by steyn
screw Kubrick, it's almost like tom and jerry or roadrunner goodness. Silent comedy and intrigue. How many times do you laugh at Kubrick's films while it's just acting with no dialogue?
One of the creators said that Wall-E has several allusions and references to 2001.
"Itchy, Rusty, Wretched, my ARSE!"- Jetfire

"I'm not gonna stick it in freja and make her see god, i leave that to the Pros... AKA freak"

"If sex is evil, I comitted a whole lot of evil last night."