6/3 Instance: Fashion From Neena-Episode 1: All Dolled Up

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Timeline: After Pep Breakfast. That night

Rogue: Rogue stood in front of her closet, looking over all of the possible choices she could wear on her date. She didn't want to be too dressed up, but not too dressed down either. Ok, so too dressed up wouldn't work anyway since she was driving the Ducati. Pants it was then. She looked over at her new roommate and smiled, "Hey, Neena, what do y'all think? Think jeans'd be ok?"

Rogue: She pulled out two hangers, each with a shirt on them - one a green long sleeved cowel neck, the other holding a dark purple long sleeved v-neck. "An' which shirt?"

Neena: "Dark jeans are always ok," Neena replied, putting down her book. "It's all about the shoes to set the tone."

Neena: She regarded the shirts. "I like the green. It brings out your eyes."

Rogue: Rogue grinned and put the purple back. "Thanks. Ah'm kinda nervous 'bout tanight..." She pulled the shirt off of the hanger and put the hanger back in the closet before turning back around. "Good book?" She pulled the green shirt on over her cami and shook her hair out.

Neena: Neena held up the title. "Veronika Decides to Die," she said. "By Paulo Coehlo. It's pretty philosophical, but I like it. Where are you off to tonight?"

Neena: She sat up and set the book aside, marking her spot.

Rogue: "Cool. Sounds interestin'." Rogue pulled a pair of jeans from her dresser drawer and looked back over at Neena, "Ah got a date with Sam... A first date with Sam." She pulled a small nervous face. "Ah really hope it goes ok. Y'all met him yet?"

Neena: "Uh," she wracked her brain. There had been so many people in such little time... "I don't think so. But first dates are always nerve wracking, especially," a teasing tone entered her voice. "If you really like them. Are you going somewhere nice?"
Rogue: "Just out ta tha movies." Rogue stepped into the jeans and zipped them up, moving over to sit on her bed for a minute. "Y'all wouldn't f'get it if ya met him. He talks kinda like Ah do..." She grinned, "An' he's a real cute farm boy. Anyway, how're y'all likin' it here so far? Everybody else been nice?"

Neena: "Yeah," Neena grinned. "And this is the first time in years I can walk around without a crapload of makeup on. I mean, around the Institute. Haven't mustered up the bravery to go public yet," she regarded Rogue for a minute. "What shoes are you gonna wear? They make or break an outfit, you know."

Rogue: "Oh yeah, that's right. Umm..." Rogue chewed on her lip and made another face. "Well, Ah'm drivin' tha Ducati, so it's gotta be easy ta use on a bike, but still wanna be sexy. Oh damn, that's tough..." She hurried back to her closet and plopped on the floor in front of it, looking at all of her shoes. "What kind do y'all think? An', Ah'm real glad that ya feel so comfortable 'round here. Makes me feel good." She beamed at her roomie over her shoulder.

Neena: "I've got a pair of boots that would go great with that outfit," Neena offered. "I wore them on my first date ever, and he loved them." she sighed at the memory. "Anyway, you're welcome to them if they fit. I haven't worn them in forever, but they're a classic."

Neena: She reached under her bed to pull out the shoebox. As she opened it, a picture fell out, showing a spot-less Neena and a taller young man.

Rogue: Rogue hopped up quickly and went to see. "What size? Are y'all sure?" She stopped as she reached her and smiled at the picture. "Oooh, he's cute. Who's that?"

Neena: Neena looked to where Rogue was pointing, and blushed. "Oh. That's Milo," she reached down and carefully picked the picture up, smiling sadly at the memory. "He was my boyfriend. We'd known each other since we were little." she carefully traced the outline of his face. "He was the sweetest person I knew."

Rogue: "Knew?" Rogue sat down on the bed and frowned a bit. "He stop talkin' ta ya when ya manifested?"

Neena: She laughed. "No. Milo was the first person to see my spot and not freak out. Even my parents wondered what the hell was wrong with me. But Milo- he just said it made me even prettier." Neena sighed. The memory no longer made her cry, but the guilt was still there.

Neena: "He died on our prom night. Drunk driver. It was the first time my powers manifested. When the medics got to the car, Milo was dead, but I was completely ok. It wasn't 'til later I realized what had really happened. My powers saved me, but Milo..."

Rogue: "Damn," Rogue said softly. "Ah'm sorry, sugah. Heh. Sick twist of fate, ain't it? Mah powers manifested with a boy too. Know how it goes... Though, he didn't die. Ah'm real sorry 'bout that, sugah." She reached out and touched Neena's arm gently, thankful for Neena's long sleeved blouse - she hadn't gotten around to her gloves yet. "Ain't y'alls fault, ya know."

Neena: "That's a hard one to beleive. I mean, what good am I if I can't help anyone with my powers? Even you, Rogue, can use them to help people." Her voiced cracked and she cleared her throat. "I'll always feel responsible, I guess. I mean, I should have DONE something. I walked away from that wreck, Rogue. And Milo didn't."

Neena: She forced a smile. "But anyway. MOral of the story is that I don't want that to happen again." She patted Rogue's covered arm. "Thanks for the ears, though. You're the first person I've told here."

Rogue: "Heh... Yeah, last time Ah tried ta help someone he ran away..." Rogue looked down then over at her computer. She got up and started going for it. Maybe he'd finally signed on and said something back? "Ah feel responsible f' when mine manifested, too. Don't feel as guilty as Ah did, but Ah kinda get where ya comin' from. Cody went inta a coma."

Rogue: She pulled up her myspace. No new comments. She sighed, knowing it was too much to hope for. "An' it ain't no thing, sugah. Ah'm always here ta listen. An' Ah don't tend ta tell other people's secrets. So, no worries." She clicked on Vic's page. And of course he hadn't logged on since he left...

Neena: "Good to know," Neena put the picture back in the shoe box and took out the boots. "Here. Try 'em, see if they fit."

Neena: She looked over at her roommate. "More myspace? It's pretty popular around here."

Rogue: "Ok." Rogue clicked back to her home page and turned to take the boots. Oh, right, socks. She got up and pulled some out, "Yeah... Easier ta communicate sometimes. An' Ah was tryin' ta see if Vic had logged on at all..." Rogue sat at the end of her bed to try on the boots. "Oooh, comfy." She got up and walked around for a bit. "Are y'all sure ya don't mind me wearin' 'em?"

Neena: "They look great on you! And no, I don't mind at all. I'm more of an Uggs and flip flops person." She looked up at Rogue. "If you don't mind me asking, who's Vic? I've heard his name around here a few times, but I've never seen him."

Rogue: Rogue smiled at her. "Thanks, Neena! Ah really 'preciate it." Her smile fell a bit and she walked back to her computer. "Vic is one of tha best guys ever. He's one of mah best friends. An' he's run off... Right after he an' Ah had a major fight." She clicked on his profile for her to see. "He's a character," she mused, smiling a bit. "Miss him a lot. Feel real bad 'bout it."

Rogue: She cleared her throat and looked up at Neena, "Y'all'll like him, Ah think..."

Neena: "I'm sure I will," Neena smiled reassuringly. She was at a loss for what to tell her new friend, so she just offered a pat on the shoulder. "He looks like a nice guy. But," now her smile grew into a grin. "You should finish getting ready for your big date! That shirt needs a necklace, and you should totally pull your hair back. Chic, but casual, you know?"

Neena: She continued to smile, hoping to cheer Rogue out of her mood.

Rogue: "Yeah, yeah, y'all're right." She smiled up at Neena. "Cain't keep Sam waitin'!" Rogue stood up and gave Neena a careful hug then walked back to her night stand to pick up her gloves and pull them on. "What kinda necklace ya think? Silver? Choker? Long? Medium?" She went to dig through her small jewelry collection. "Yeah, hair back's a good idea... 'Specially 'cause it's harder ta get helmet hair."

Neena: "Something simple," Neena said thoughtfully. "You have a lot going on with the neckline already. I would go for a pendant."

Rogue: "Oh, good thought. Think Ah'm gonna like roomin' with ya'll," she grinned then pulled out a simple necklace with a silver heart pendant. "This?"

Neena: "Perfect," she nodded her approval. "And the feeling is mutual." She helped Rogue with the necklace, careful of her skin. "Aww, Rogue, you look like a knockout! I swear, he's gonna keel over when he sees you."

Rogue: "Yeah?" Rogue blushed a bit and smiled wide when she turned to face her friend. "Ah really really appreciate tha help. Ah'm so nervous. Ah haven't liked a guy this much in a real long time."

Neena: "You'll be fine, I'm sure! Looking like that, he won't be able to resist!" Neena laughed. "I hope you have fun."

Rogue: "Thanks! Oh, Ah really hope things go well." She laughed nervously then took a deep breath. "Now Ah just gotta wait a bit..." Rogue bit her lip and glanced at her clock. "Or a long bit... An hour?! Damnit."

Neena: "Relax," Neena walked over to her bed and picked up her book. "Read this," she offered teasingly. "It will mellow you out. Or," she spoke in an exaggerated valley girl accent. "We can, like, totally have girl talk!"

Rogue: Rogue burst out into a fit of giggles and fell onto her bed. "Like, totally!!" She smiled up at Neena, "Ah'm glad y'all came ta XU, hun. An' Ah'm real glad Ah got y'all f' a roomie. Though..." She eyed the door then turned back to her room mate, "If Ah need y'all ta maybe... Ah dunno, sleep on tha couch tanight?" She gave her her best innocent look.

Neena: "Hey," Neena held up her hands. "No worries. Back in Cali, we used to have sleepovers every other night, and everyone would sleep on the floor. It's no problem." she raised an eyebrow. "And I'll try not to tease you about it. Too much."
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Hee! I'm getting to love Neena now. Hey Love, have you played games like this before, because you're good at it.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

D'Awwww, that was sweet. They will make great roomies, and I really love Neena already.

Great job, you two! You're doing fantastically, love. :)
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Awwwww, they're gonna be a great pair of girls. You're great at this, Love.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

I'm totally flattered:*) And no, I've never done RP before, but I do write fiction in my spare time!
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com