Scrolling Sig

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Scrolling Sig

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Hey, I just recently got a scrolling sig put in my signature, and the Tech Admin just u2u'd me and told me it doesn't meet requirements, even though it does. This is about two days after I did it too. Is tech admin a program? Did it make a mistake thinking I have a huge signature bar? Because the block scrolls so that should be acceptable right? I'm sort of perplexed so if someone could help me that'd be great.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Scrolling Sig

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

The tech admin is a person and if he says it's against the rules, it is. :).

He knows more about this stuff than us other admins. Since he's tech admin ;)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Scrolling Sig

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Right but...like...it's a scrolling sig it was smaller than yours.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Scrolling Sig

Understood, but it's possible it just took up more bandwidth than is allowed with sigs. When the HM gets a chance I am sure he will let you know :)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Scrolling Sig

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

okay...i feel bad now..

:rainy
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Scrolling Sig

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

No need to feel bad. It was a simple misunderstanding. ;). Since our technical admin is terrifically busy in real life, he doesn't always catch things the day of either, but does dedicate a lot of time and support to our community. No one's upset with you though, its just a correction.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Scrolling Sig

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

so a scrolling sig is bad or should I just resize it?
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Scrolling Sig

A scolling sig is bad. ;). I'd suggest rotating the things you want on it through so they can all take turns ;)
Paws

[Edited on 10/12/07 by fourpawsonthefloor]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Scrolling Sig

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:yech

i'll try, i liked the scrolling sic cuz i could fit things that are normally too big in there.
Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

Scrolling Sig

Post by Technical Administrator »

The main problem was not the size of the signature; the workaround was novel. The main problem, as stated in the U2U, was that HTML in signatures may adversely affect board layout and function. It was not meant to be enabled; it has recently been re-disabled, and thus, your signature by necessity lost its scrolling box and was too large.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Scrolling Sig

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

okay...so if i take the html pics out and have just like fun quotes that's ok? or is the scrolling sig itself not good? You gotta understand I know very litle about HTML'ing and I'm really sorry I have to have this explained to me in such layman's terms.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Scrolling Sig

Post by JSherlock »

The short version is that yes, the scrolling part of your sig was not good.

The HTML that made it scroll is now disabled, which means your sig is no longer able to scroll. Therefore, it no longer meets the required size of signatures on this board.

Here's the official rule on signatures:

9. Don't go overboard on your signature. The official limits to signature size is now 10 lines of text or one image, with a maximum size of 600 pixels wide x 100 pixels high, and three lines of text. You may also have a maximum of 5 smilies in your signature. If you're caught violating these limits, your signature will simply be deleted and you'll have to start from scratch.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Scrolling Sig

And its ok on the not technical stuff. You should see how people have to explain crap to me. If it doesn't have a pulse, it baffles me. LOL

Paws
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Scrolling Sig

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

well i jsut never understood all of it cuz the point of the scrolling sig is that it MEETS requirements in size it just basically creates a new box inside your box but I guess I see. What disabled the HTML?
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Scrolling Sig

Post by JSherlock »

Ok, I think you're missing the point. It was disabled because you're not allowed to have a scrolling sig.

The Tech Administrator disabled it.

Just use a normal sig. It won't kill you. ;)
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Scrolling Sig

The tech admin did because it's supposed to be disabled.

BM, please, work on your sig and let's move past this. :)
Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

Scrolling Sig

Post by Technical Administrator »

If you were to attempt to use the same signature now, due to forum settings, its contents would simply all display at once, since you can no longer use tags and CSS directives in signatures. The reasons for this change have been stated above. If you want to use images, use [img], keeping forum rules in mind.