Dexter Discussion

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Dexter Discussion

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So, October 2nd, Dexter Season Six kicks off and it looks like we're in for a lot of awesome special guests.

But, aside from that, it seems some of chosen directions from the "Dexter" book series (which the show is based on) are appearing in this season as well.

With absolutely no confirmation to this, I've been told one of the books involves a serial killer who rolls into town and just-so-happens to be the same type of ethical killer as Dexter. When Dexter discovers him he tries to let him slide, but it sort of becomes a "one-horse-town" type deal for the other killer.

We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

I'm intrigued to where they expect to take this show now. I have a feeling it's only a matter of time until his sister is aware of his deeds. And joins him. :eeevil
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Dexter Discussion

Post by Garble »

I've listened to the audio versions of the books and I don't remember anything like that.

Basically, the first book is *almost* identical to the first season. But the rest of the books go in a completely different direction than the show.

IMHO, Dexter is one of those odd ducks where the adaption is better than the original. The books are cheesy, pulpy fun with no where near the character development of the Showtime Series. Book-Dexter doesn't ever develop emotional attachments to anyone, and the rest of the characters are just too dense to ever notice.

I do think the books have had more interesting(by which I mean "disturbing") villains though.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Dexter Discussion

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I have been avoiding this thread because I am a season behind, but I wanted to just come in and comment on how much I love Dexter! It's such a fabulous show, and each season seems to really trump the one before it. The end of season 4 really did me in, and I can't wait to catch up - although I'm so frikken slow at it. It's such a commitment to watch that much TV at once!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Dexter Discussion

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I thought the premier was very intriguing but it felt very "let's catch you up" - something I've never enjoyed Premium channels doing because usually there's hours of specials or marathons to catch you up right before the big premiere.... Which there very much was I'm this case.

The liking method for dexter is a lot less clean, as can be seen by his characters evolution as well. Moat intriguing to me is the direction of faith this season is taking. I hope it loses its predictability and gains some surprise.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Dexter Discussion

Post by kladyelf »

Y'know maybe my brain is differently wired... but when I saw Dexter i didn't think "dreams darkly" but rather... this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dASaKEkBgE

woops

:cracked
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...