Body Arts.

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Body Arts.

Post by littlebamf »

Just about everyone out there has at least their ears pierced. Though, some, like me, have their ears pierced more than most (13 last time I counted) and then they don't stop there :D

Or maybe tattoos are more your thing.

So, share your tats and pokings and proddings by people who like to put their artwork on a living canvas or if you need/want to ask questions about tats or piercings I'm sure that collectively, people here can answer as all added up I'm sure there's not a place on the body that one of us hasn't been jabbed :D
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Body Arts.

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I've had my ears pierced, though I cannot wear earings anymore (but they never grew over). I've never had the desire to pierce anything else, but think that they can be interesting in moderation.

I do love my tattoo though - 4 paw prints on my right outer ankle. They are henna coloured. I want to get them shaded now. I'm also planning for a second tattoo, and I'm finding that they are addictive.

I think that if you are doing something permenant, you should be damn sure what you are doing first though. Cause its too easy to get tired of things...and you have a lot of time to live with it. You'd better love it inside and out, and it should have a ton of meaning for you, IMHO.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Body Arts.

Post by littlebamf »

Totally. It's why I'm never getting a tattoo. I'll only end up regretting it in ten years time or get bored.

Piercings are not as permenant. I had a secondary navel piercing that I took out as it was taking too long to heal for my liking and I have the tiniest scar left from it that'll probably have faded by this time next year. My ear rims should heal up if I take them out, apart from my lobes as lobes generally stay open if you've had them done for a lenght of time. Even though I've only had the first set done since I was 15, they'd stick.

There are some weird weird body mods out there that I wouldn't touch like tongue splitting and scarification. I've just never seen the appeal of those ones...
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Body Arts.

Post by JSherlock »

I'm going to get an Ankh tattooed somewhere before I die.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Nightwind
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Body Arts.

Post by Nightwind »

I just turned 17 on the 8th, and my mom promised me a tattoo. Since my name is Raven, I wanna get a raven/crow in between my shoulder blades. Now I'm just waiting for a few of my more artistic friends to finish a few designs...
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Body Arts.

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

I'm getting a cross on the inside of my wrist when I turn 18. I've wanted it for like 2 years now.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Body Arts.

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I want a cross on one shoulder, something patriotic on the other. A wedding band when I get married and if my love for Nighty endures for a while, I'll get him too.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Body Arts.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

I'm going to get something on my shoulder sooner or later.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Body Arts.

Post by littlebamf »

Originally posted by Nightwind
I just turned 17 on the 8th, and my mom promised me a tattoo. Since my name is Raven, I wanna get a raven/crow in between my shoulder blades. Now I'm just waiting for a few of my more artistic friends to finish a few designs...
Ooh, that's a nice one - pics, when you have it done!!

Shoulders/back seems pretty popular for tats, it seems...
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Body Arts.

Post by wingyding »

I'm considering getting a triskelion somewhere, I'm just not sure yet where it'll go so it won't stretch too much as it ages.

Maybe an ankle...
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Nightwind
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Body Arts.

Post by Nightwind »

Originally posted by littlebamf
Originally posted by Nightwind
Ooh, that's a nice one - pics, when you have it done!!

Shoulders/back seems pretty popular for tats, it seems...
Hehe I'll try... my friends are major procrastinators ^^; Maybe I'll bribe them with cake...
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Body Arts.

Post by littlebamf »

Cake is always a worthwile bribe, they'd be silly to not take it!

But yeah, the back seems a popular place for a tattoo. I'm not too sure I get that - I mean, it's a good, big area to kinda show it off but then you can't really see it on your back unless you look in the mirror or get a photo :shrug
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Body Arts.

Post by Crawler »

A tattoo thread with no pictures? This must be remedied!

This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Body Arts.

Post by littlebamf »

*claps* Thanks for the contribution, C!
Dragonheart
Lubber
Lubber

Body Arts.

Post by Dragonheart »

Ive got 2 tatts myself. I wanna get my chest and back done, but still working on my right upper arm. Right upper arm is a full dragon with its tail wrapping around my arm to my elbow, wings almost wrap around the arm. When I was 15 i got my first tatt, its on my upper left. Its a bear head, with a paw raising in the background, string of beads coming down on each side, wrapping around 2 claws at the bottem.

I only have a crappy cell phone pic of the one
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Body Arts.

Post by Esynthia »

I have one tat and plan on at least two more. I have a triquetra on my left hip. I'm getting a gothic cross on my lower back and a rose on the inside of my right wrist eventually. I thought about getting a pair of pointe shoes (yes, I spelled it right and for those who have NO clue what that is, its ballet shoes, but not the slippers) on my ankle when i retire from dance, but I'm not sure about that yet.

EDIT:
oh! and I have my ears double pierced.

[Edited on 3/9/2007 by JSherlock]
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone