new problem

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

new problem

Post by stjohn »

when i log into chat it's taking me to it, but i'm the only one in there, and it's saying my name isn't registered. Like i know people are in there right now, but when i log it it says i'm alone and i can't find anyone else and i have no idea what's gonig wrong.
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

new problem

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I dont think the problem is with chat as much as the number its showing of users. There's no one in there now, and it says 3. When I went in there earlier, it said 12 and there were 5.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

new problem

Post by stjohn »

oh, but then also, when i logged in using regular chat instead of being stjohn, it made me Stjohn999 and stuff.
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

new problem

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by stjohn
oh, but then also, when i logged in using regular chat instead of being stjohn, it made me Stjohn999 and stuff.
That means that another user is using the nickname Stjohn; either you have another active connection, or services is holding the nickname (it holds a nickname for one minute after a user attempts to use it without identifying).

In the first case, you can type /ns ghost nickname password and the other connection will be disconnected.

In the second case, you can type /ns release nickname password, and services will stop holding the nickname.

Thanks!

-HoodedMan
Network Administrator
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

new problem

Post by HoodedMan »

This issue has been resolved.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.