Happy Holidays! Our gift to your for 2006: We have a Gallery again!

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Almost 6 months in the planning and requiring many members of the Nightscrawlers staff, we are so pleased to bring you the return our enormous gallery that so many of you may remember (and so many of you new folks have never seen)!

The Nightscrawlers Gallery

Creative and Technical Administrators Bamfette and Northstar tackled the look and feel of this new Coppermine Gallery from the categorization of the albums to giving it an appearance that matched our great new forum look. I think it looks awesome.

Meanwhile I played archeologist/server spelunker/curator as I searched through the old archives I'd made of what was left of our damaged server from this summer. I was never able to find all of it, but I found a lot, enough to make the gallery a reality once again.

Once this was in place our entire staff tested the gallery, insuring it could be as stable as possible before we released it to you.

When deciding how we should announce the return of Nightscrawlers' Gallery, it seemed like an awesome holiday gift for our members and a perfect way for Nightscrawlers to begin the new year! Our forum has always been the heart of Nightscrawlers, but with the addition of the Gallery we become an important content archive as well.

Thanks to all of you who have helped rebuild and build Nightscrawlers to make it all that it has become in the last 8 months. Thank you for your loyalty and your hard work; and I don't just mean the staff, I mean everyone of you who logs in and makes this place the vibrant living community that it is. It is you who deserve our most deepest gratitude, for coming back, for sticking by us, and for being such fascinating people.

Enjoy your new gift and remember, it's the gift that keeps on giving. We can add to it. :smirk

Happy 2006 and Thank you,
from all of us at Nightscrawlers.

Crawler
Bamfette
Saint Kurt
Hooded Man
NachtGleiskette
Slarti
Panz
Nandireya
Elwing
Darkholme
Hsu
Garble
Paty
Dark Bamf
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Thank you, thankyou, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou...

I hope you got the point! :*)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

So we've got the gallery back AND a Darick section?

Too cool, fellas. Too cool.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

Wow, thanks a lot, this is sooo cool... :love*runs off to look at the gallery for the next 4 hours*
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Can I get a return for store credit :? I like it very, very much, y'all know how to give gifts.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

Hooray!!

I could kiss you guys! (well if i wasn't a zillion miles away and straight :D)
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

while i love the gallery, i'd also like to make a complaint.
some of these images are not directly from the comics and come instead from sites like comicartfans. if a pic is a piece of original art owned by someone, i think that you should ask permission to post it here. pics of original art are commonly used as fake sells on e-bay and can possibly devalue a piece.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

OMFG!!! I LOVE YOU CrawlerBamfetteSaint KurtNorthstarNachtGleisketteSlartiPanzNandireyaElwingDarkholmeHsuGarblePatyDark Bamf!!!!

I have missed the gallery soooo much. *glomp, Latches on to closest mod's leg*
IloveyouIloveyouIloveyou!!!!:love
*keels over*
one name: Bruce Campbell
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by Entropy
while i love the gallery, i'd also like to make a complaint.
some of these images are not directly from the comics and come instead from sites like comicartfans. if a pic is a piece of original art owned by someone, i think that you should ask permission to post it here. pics of original art are commonly used as fake sells on e-bay and can possibly devalue a piece.
All of the fan art included in our gallery was in our old gallery and added with permission of the artists back then....

I'm sure if an artist does not want their work shown here, they can have it removed...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

not fan art, the original pen&ink work that was eventually published as the comic.

Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

You raise some very good points Entropy.

Nearly all of the pen and ink work displayed here are owned by Nightscrawlers staff and are included courtesy of their personal collections. The few that don't are watermarked by the auction house currently controling the originals (such as the Greg Land Covers for Nightcrawler).

We do want all of our art to fairly represent the artist (and possibly its owner) and there are a number of cases where we see pieces that we need to re-credit or even remove all together. So we are very aware that the gallery is not without it's glitches.

But, given how few and far between the glitches are , we still felt the right thing to do was to go live with the Gallery as is and then over the course of the next week or so make our content fixes.

-e
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Yaay, It's great to have the gallery up!! Thanks to everyone who participated, I know how much time it can take when you are dealing in images.

I did wanted to comment that Bamfette had given me mod status a while back so I could upload a number of scans that I had made. It took quite a lot of time and some of them seem to be missing. Are you guys done making the transfer yet, or are there more to come. These would have been of various artists and some covers.

Also, it there any way we can revive the caption contest? That was one of the things that I brought me to Nightscrawlers in the first place.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

The caption contest most definitely will return. Bamfette's got the images and there's a "This Month's Contest" album waiting for her. :)

As for missing images, let me quote myself:
I was never able to find all of it, but I found a lot, enough to make the gallery a reality once again.
The server, in the state that it was in after the creash, no longer had a gallery at all - just random pockets of images all over the place. Finding them all, and then putting them back into a state of organization took several months of work on my part. I know there used to be more there, and that it represents the efforts of many before me. It is my hope that restoring what we could would demonstrate that those efforts were not in vain.

If you are in possession of a large collection of images that has ever been part of the gallery or could become part of the gallery - please U2U me. We're definitely missing quite a bit and I'd like for us to work together to make this gallery "new and improved".

Thanks
-e
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

One of the reasons i comment is because a few of the original published pieces shown are owned by me. also this is a very common point of conversation on the comicart L. yahoo group.

StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
OMFG!!! I LOVE YOU CrawlerBamfetteSaint KurtNorthstarNachtGleisketteSlartiPanzNandireyaElwingDarkholmeHsuGarblePatyDark Bamf!!!!

I have missed the gallery soooo much. *glomp, Latches on to closest mod's leg*
IloveyouIloveyouIloveyou!!!!:love
*keels over*
I agree with these sentiments exactly. Thank you for all the work you've done and the labor of love that went into it. I am pleased to report my new computer will be up and running on Jan. 12, so I intend to take advantage of the wallpaper;)! You know, I am glad to be part of the community here! Thanks for letting me join in!!:wave

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by Entropy
One of the reasons i comment is because a few of the original published pieces shown are owned by me. also this is a very common point of conversation on the comicart L. yahoo group.
Holy crap - then I made a serious file sorting error when compiling the galleries!

U2U coming your way with major apologies.

-e
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

Just a slight remark: The NC covers by Greg Land are placed in the Darick Robertson gallery- I think Greg Land should get his own category in the NC artists gallery, shouldn't he? *_*;;;
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Hey, came back from a long absence and noticed the new gallery ;pant

Thanks for that, dudes!