Unified Host Names

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

Unified Host Names

Post by Technical Administrator »

As of about 5:30 AM GMT, Nightscrawlers will automatically tell all browsers to use www.nightscrawlers.com if possible, instead of any other hostname. It will also update your bookmarks, if your browser supports that.

This solves a couple problems, most of them just being technical. For one, it prevents problems with hotlink prevention and other scripts in that it can now be assumed that a user is coming to the page from nightscrawlers.com. Some scripts on our website don't like having to deal with multiple hosts.

On the same note, it also fixes some problems with the XMB forum software. Previously, you could log in to nightscrawlers.co.uk, say, and appear not to be logged in if you went to nightscrawlers.com. That's because you were sent a cookie from nightscrawlers.co.uk and it doesn't apply to nightscrawlers.com. Now everything applies to nightscrawlers.com, so all is good!

Please contact me if you encounter any problems, all of which should be minor as this is just a cosmetic change.

Thank you,

-Northstar
Technical Administrator
buri103
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Unified Host Names

Post by buri103 »

Danke!

:tophat
25 And the Lord spake unto the Angel that guarded the eastern gate, saying Where is the flaming sword which was given unto thee?

26 And the Angel said, I had it here only a moment ago, I must have put it down some where, forget my own head next.

27 And the Lord did not ask him again.
~Good Omens

http://www.nataliedee.com/ and http://www.toothpastefordinner.com
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Unified Host Names

Post by Saint Kurt »

And that's why they call him:
Technical Administrator
Thanks!