Who the hell is Saint Kurt?

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Who the hell is Saint Kurt?

Post by Saint Kurt »

Saint Kurt is zamweasel. or Zamweasel is Saint Kurt.

I've been wanting to change my name for about a year.

Hear's the short version:
About a year ago a friend gave me a very cool drawing of nightcrawler on a laminated business card. I stuck it in my car next to where my rosary hangs. A week or two later a Catholic friend asked if it was a "Nightcrawler Prayer Card". :?!!! (Nightcrawler prayer card?!)

I thought this was hilarious and said "Yes, that's 'Saint Kurt', patron of teleportation, swashbuckling, and Germans." I've wanted to change my name on Nightscrawlers ever since.

But when to do it? It always seemed like too much to ask when I was a member. Then when I became a moderator it seemed like I had a lot of notariety built up in the name "zam" even though I really wanted something that was more "nightcrawler-y" sounding. I decided that the best thing to do would be to use "Saint Kurt" for that "Executive Administrator" account you see me login as sometimes, but then Bamfette and Crawler and I agreed that those should reflect our administrative duties. So, I shelved Saint Kurt yet again...

Then the site crashed and kept moving around and it seemed like changing my name to something like "Saint anything" implied that I had been through extra difficult hardships compared to everyone else. Which wasn't true. I just think it sounds funny and has kind of a nice ring to it.

So the moral of the story is: there really is no good time to change your name from "Zamweasel" to "Saint Kurt".

That's why I'm doing it now.

So as of now if Saint Kurt is/was/am zamweasel. You can still call me "zam" if you want. And I'll still sign I'll my posts the same as always. But now I have a cool Nightcrawler sounding name that I think is funny too. (Plus it was a sucessful test of xmb 1.9.1's "change name" feature!)

Thanks for your time and cooperation.
-e