Meet our new Technical Admin: Northstar

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Executive Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Deus ex machina

Post by Executive Administrator »

About a month and a half ago I was thinking that what Nightscrawlers needed was a serious computer geek. We needed a good geek for two reasons, one was that when vet school starts I won't have the same kind of time to devote to the site that I have had this summer and the other is that despite my pulling off some amazing technical saves, I'm really only a geek by proxy. (In other words, I'm a graphic designer who used to work at Microsoft but I don't actually know that much about computers.)

To make a long story shory, Nightscrawlers kind of accelerated the job hunt by destroying itself. Northstar who had always been an active poster came into Notscrawlers and offered to help. In the end it was he who repaired our databases and made it possible for Karl to try and knit the site back together.

So our geek has been found! I like working with Northstar and like many of us, he has a special dedication to the community. He's our first technical only admin which is super cool because it means that he's 100% dedicated to making sure Nightscrawlers is secure and running smoothly. When I start school in two weeks I'll study a lot more securely knowing that he's looking out for the site. (Notice I didn't say sleep better. :) )

So congrats to Northstar and thanks for all your hard work so far!

-e
Karl-XMB
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Karl-XMB »

Yes, all sites need a representative who has the technical abilities and skills to restore and fix errors.

It`s important to scehdule backups, optimise the database tables, check for security updates and implement them and above all as Emily said, someone who`s devoted to the undertaking.

Northstar is that person and I congratulate Emily and the team on their superb choice. :)
Karl.
XMB Assistant Support Manager
XMB Administrator
http://www.xmbforum.com