ANNOUNCING NIGHTSCRAWLERS: RELOAD!

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Over the next month, Nightscrawlers will be undergoing many changes with the ultimate goal of revitalizing the forums and chat and returning the site to the overall tone and feeling of comraderie that we've slowly lost over the past 2 years.

We have now installed a new Administrator. Emily, also known on the forums as Zamweasel, has joined Jill (Bamfette) and myself (Crawler). We will be reorganizing our own duties with intent to more adequately and more completely addressing the needs of you, the members of Nightscrawlers, as well as paying more attention to the technical aspects of running a site such as this. Hopefully, this will simultaneously solve our atmosphere issues and keep Nightscrawlers up and running.

Emily will be handling the technical aspects, as well as playing an important "tie-breaker" role in any major community decisions.

Jill and I will resume serving as "Navigators" for the forum, helping to direct content and all issues between members and all major moderating concerns will be discussed and voted upon by the three of us.

Nightscrawlers will also soon be undergoing a cosmetic overhaul, with new graphics and a new color scheme to reflect our new direction. In addition, we will be pruning away dead posts and likely rearranging the different forums in order to make the boards more navigable and keep discussion lively.

July 4 is the ultimate goal for us to have this all in place, so stay tuned!
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
buri103
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by buri103 »

Will the gallery and everything be able to be fixed or no?

Ok if it won't be, just asking...:)
25 And the Lord spake unto the Angel that guarded the eastern gate, saying Where is the flaming sword which was given unto thee?

26 And the Angel said, I had it here only a moment ago, I must have put it down some where, forget my own head next.

27 And the Lord did not ask him again.
~Good Omens

http://www.nataliedee.com/ and http://www.toothpastefordinner.com
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

the gallery is far too complicated for us to just fix on our own, we have to rely on some other people not associated with this site at all coming up with a working version - they haven't yet....
Executive Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Deus ex machina

One of the first Reload changes

Post by Executive Administrator »

It's small I admit, but it will play an important part in the way the site is run.

We've decided that Administrating the site and participating on the site are two totally different activities and as such require two different accounts. We are hoping that this will eliminate any issues with favortisim or censorship. That has never ever been the intent behind any moderation decisions on this site, but when it comes from a familiar face who is a living breathing part of the community, it is hard to separate the friend from the person trying to do their job. Our hope is that by literally changing identities when doing administrative duties it will be clear that these are not personal grudges being carried out, but a simple enforcing of the rules of this forum that everyone must abide by.

And so you will see three "new" faces here from time to time.

Executive Administrator is zamweasel
- dealing with the day to day technical operation of the site
Creative Administrator is Bamfette.
- leading the way reguarding the look and the content of the site
And Administrator Emeritus is Crawler
- making sure the original vision is intact as we move forward

We hope these new identities will allow us to administrate the site and on rare occasion make the tough moderation decisions we sometimes have to make without jepordizing the valuable friendships we have made within the community.

Thanks for being here,
-e
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Alrighty, at the risk of sounding monumentaly stupid (but heck, it wouldn't be the first time) is that the reason that Emily isn't listed as a moderator for any of the forums now? I thought that it still said Zam on the section descriptions the other day after this was posted, but my memory is spotty so I could be wrong.
Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

We are doing a pretty thorough board overhaul, which includes reassigning mods for various reasons...

Zam also (in her new account) has Admin status now, so she has power over all the forums.
Executive Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Deus ex machina

More Reload Changes ...

Post by Executive Administrator »

What Bamfette said Paws... With my new admin duties taking up so much of my time it just didn't make sense to have my name up there as a forum moderator. I'll still help out when I can of course and that goes for all the forums.

Also - you may have noticed another change. Under the Nightscrawlers.com heading are two new forums: Nightscrawler Staff and The Triumvirate to go with the Site Announcements & Tech Support forum. All three of these forums exist to support the site's membership so I felt they should all be together and visible - however you will find that the Staff and Triumvirate forums are only accessible via password. Here's a brief run down of how the three forums serve you as members:

- Site Announcements and Tech Support: Probably the most important forum of the three - this is where you go to read messages like this one as well as to alert the moderators to problems you may be experiencing on Nightscrawlers. If you have an issue you feel needs to be dealt with, anything from a problem account to a harrassing user, this is where you take it first. If you don't tell us we can't help you, so please use this forum when you need it.

- Nightscrawlers Staff: This forum's membership is composed of the moderators and admins of Nightscrawlers and it is the place where decisions are made. It is very rare that a snap judgement moderation call is made here and I felt like it was important that, though you can't see what's actually being discussed, that you can see that discussion does go on in a democratic fashion.

- The Triumvirate: Named by Crawler to represent the presence of three administrators instead of two. With three of us, we needed a place to talk about boring stuff like software upgrades and host billing so we decided what better place to do it than right here at Nightscrawlers.

So it's another small change, but one that I hope will have big effects on the way the site runs. Please let us know how we're doing.

Thanks!
-e
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Great - the night that I posted that I had visions that you had decided that you were too busy in school or something and had left :o.
I wanted to make sure that you were "still there" but thanks to Bamfette and the continuation of "Zam" postings, I realized that you were still with us.
:D
Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.