Board Hacked

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
sapphirescimitar
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Board Hacked

Post by sapphirescimitar »

Alright, folks. We were hacked but there isn't any damage, besides the few obvious changes in the topics, which will be fixed as soon as possible.
Cocnuts.
EvilTwin
Lubber
Lubber
Title: Bamfette's evil twin

Board Hacked

Post by EvilTwin »

This is Bamfette, in disguise... yes, we were hacked, it looks as though it was some idiot kid who hijacked my account. i can get my account back now, if i want to but I am going to leave it untouched until we can track down this idiot's IP. anyway. C demoted my account and banned it temporarily until we iron things out. until then, i have fixed all the things the hacker had changed.
EvilTwin is really Bamfette in disguise.
If you are reading this, it is because Bamfette either was too lazy to log out then log back in under her real account, or she just forgot. :p
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Board Hacked

Post by kurtlover »

OH! what a jackass...i hope he gets what he deserves! :[
thank god it wasn't that big.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Board Hacked

Post by Northstars Love »

:surprise

ok...I've read over at the XMB forums Jill that 1.8 SP1 has security flaws in it. You really should upgrade the forum to SP2 and then to SP3 which I will be running when my board is up. This will in fact stop this from happening according to XMB. Many boards have been hacked running versions SP1 and SP2.

Sorry to hear about this guys :(
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Board Hacked

Post by Nightfollower »

gee... this place seems to be getting hacked on a regular basis!

motherf*ckers :mad
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
EvilTwin
Lubber
Lubber
Title: Bamfette's evil twin

Board Hacked

Post by EvilTwin »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love**
:surprise

ok...I've read over at the XMB forums Jill that 1.8 SP1 has security flaws in it. You really should upgrade the forum to SP2 and then to SP3 which I will be running when my board is up. This will in fact stop this from happening according to XMB. Many boards have been hacked running versions SP1 and SP2.

Sorry to hear about this guys :(
can't upgrade, will lose all the hacks. I have done the patches at the XMB site to make it secure, though. it still says SP1 but it has the security holes patched. or atleast it's SUPPOSED to....
EvilTwin is really Bamfette in disguise.
If you are reading this, it is because Bamfette either was too lazy to log out then log back in under her real account, or she just forgot. :p
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Board Hacked

hmmm...I know it's a b**ch to be hacked. And I know you'd loose all the hacks if you run a full upgrade. I wonder if maybe some of the hacks you've done Jill are conflicting with the security patches? The guy that did some of my hacks told me he wouldn't install certain hacks I wanted because of security issues or bad coding. :( One was the Staff Warnings hack. *sigh* Oh Well. U2U warnings will have to do.

SP2 fixes some board problems in general and some security issues. SP3 is just security patches.

XMB can always take a look at your files Jill to make sure they are ok security wise since they are always ready to help. They have for me. :)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Board Hacked

Post by Bamfette »

the hacks normally wouldn't be an issue except we got most of them from computerrelated.com which is no more. their domain expired and they haven't been back since. so we can't re-install the hacks. the spoiler tags were a computerelated exclusive, (though i modified it) for instance.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Board Hacked

Post by sevati »

It's a pity that robots.txt are blocking a web.archive.org search of computerrelated.com :(
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Board Hacked

Originally posted by Bamfette
the hacks normally wouldn't be an issue except we got most of them from computerrelated.com which is no more. their domain expired and they haven't been back since. so we can't re-install the hacks. the spoiler tags were a computerelated exclusive, (though i modified it) for instance.

Many of the hacks can be found here now Jill. XMB Hacks They have taken over quite a few hacks and all since the regular XMB forums do not support hacks any longer.

Btw, check out the XMB forums. They have released patches for XMB SP3. Good god! Now its XMB SP4! I hope there won't be a SP5. :rolleyes