the gallery... it's FIXED!!!!

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

.... welll... mostly.... but we can upload pictures again!!! the thumbnails will be larger than they were before, but pffft! it works!

The caption contest shall be making a comeback shortly. ;) but before i do, i need suggestions on how to deal with the massive ammount of entries from the last contest... thoughts? there are FAR too many entries to put into a poll in order to choose a winner :
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Oh good! thanks for fixing it again :)
but i thought you put a limit in the entries! i do remember you only took 20 entries for contest and start the poll, no matter how many people posted.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

so, we should just take the first 20 then?

been on an uploading spree. i must have added close to 50 pics to the movie gallery. i know it says there are only 65 pics in that gallery, but there are really well over 100. want to do this before the damn thing breaks again (and there are problems still.... if you have mod status, upload, sure, but do NOT edit pics)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

yup, the first 20 will be fine by me, they will have the reward in participating in the contest for replying first.
I will help ya to upload pics if you want, what do you want me to upload?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

hey, if you have any NC pics that you like, and arent in the gallery, just upload em. like i said above, no thumbnails required, it will make them for you ;)

also gonna make a Nocturne gallery, but can't decide if i should put it under the 'Nightcrawler' section, even tho she's not Nightcrawler, or screw up the nice even layout by making a new category on the main page.... hmmm... decisions....
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

oh then i guess i can upload pics i have at home tonight ;)
why not starting a Nocturne gallery?, she has enough material already.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Jill, you have NO IDEA how happy I am to see that the caption contest may be up and running soon! :D It was one of my favorite features when I first discovered the board. It's a shame that we'll have to limit the captions, but what must be done, must be done. I can see the logistical problems you must face, and putting a 20-post limit seems to be the best solution.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
pumpkinqueen15
Lubber
Lubber

Post by pumpkinqueen15 »

This is awsome! I love captions, but, where do i actually go to enter in the contest?:)
Mutant Freedom Now!!!
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

There was usually a deadline for entries. You didn't close the thread after the deadline this time, but the deadline can still apply.

And, btw: Whoo-hoo! Jill!!!
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

This is great!!! :D The caption contest is going back into action soon.

Maybe you could just do a limit again, and start with a brand new one. That way no one who joined in late will feel that they didn't get their chance because someone before them posted, since everyone will start over again. Eh... that's just a suggestion. :shrug
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Sweet Jill! I never got around to participating in the contest before it broke.

Do you still have the two covers of Kurt's crotch that were to be linked to from the Kosher thread? Bunny was a sweetheart and scanned them for me. I think I still have them on my harddrive somewhere, if you can't find them.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:eek GO JILL!!
This is so awesome! You know a pic of them riding sentinels from "the return of the king" story line (haha just realized that that's same name as LOTR 3 :offtopic )
anyhoo that'd be funny. Lots of good stuff you can do with that. (yee-haw and whoops and so on).
THanks Jill! Way to go moderators! (YEE-HA!)
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou and

Danke schön Jill,
I really missed the caption contest. If you dont want to put a limit of twenty, you could put a time limit. Either way, I am very happy to see it returned.

Also, I just got quite a few Excaliburs (and Uncannys between 145-215). I dont have them all (yet) but if there are any favorite pictures you may like that are not in the gallery, just ask and Ill scan them and email them to someone on staff.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

if you have a lot of pictures, it would be easier for me to just grant you mod status to upload to the galelry... all that you need to \do then is click the 'upload' button and yer done ;)
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

hmm.. the only thing i really have his his X-treme cameo (theres about 5 good photos of him in it), i could scan that, and scan a higher quality version of the cover that you already have uploaded..if you want. ;)
Call me King!
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Yay! Caption contest is back! Awesome!

I'd say to limit it to the first twenty entries, like suggested above.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I'd say only start off with the basic rules, such as only having one entry per person. Then go through what the majority of users think are funny and then single out those as per usual.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

.... but there's NINETY entries.... i can't be bothered to even read 90 entires let alone sift out whioch ones the majority think are funny....
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Pick the first 20 Jill, i guess that would help...or delete it and start it again.
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

Do need a file 4 the gallery and how do I insert an image in it?
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Which do I like more? Leroux, Kay, or Webber?
Leroux gave the Phantom life.
Kay gave the Phantom a soul.
Webber gave the Phantom a voice.
Consider that, and you'll see why I can't choose.

Phantom phan
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

you can't.... only mods and above can add images to the gallery
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Totally off topic, Jill, I love your avatar. In fact, I'm considering buying this plushie: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... r=TYVMP005
;)
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

oh, and you squeeze it's butt and the mouth opens and closes, right?? i saw those last year at San Diego! i came *this close* to buying one, but decided to get a toy for my sister, instead. this year, the bunny shall be mine ;)
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

Oh! Your taking in some pictures! I have a ton but I'm not sure about some of the pictures. They might already be there. I think most of them aren't though. If you want any I could email you a couple of them. Or I might just upload them onto my Village Photos account and you can check them out there.
Winnowill
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Winnowill »

I really missed the caption contest too, I'm glad it's coming back. ps- speaking of bunnies, this is fun- don't know if anyone put it anywhere yet.....http://www.fetchfido.co.uk/games/poke_t ... _bunny.htm