Retaliation will not be Tolerated!

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Lately there has been a good bit of negative remarks about us over at ComiXfan, from calling us Austen Drones to perverts because of some fan fics here, but anyone that is found to be launching retaliation against the posters there will be dealt with severely.

The people that are out to get us over there are a minority and we have several ComiX-fanners defending us. We believe that a bunch of us going over there and trying to "get them back" will only make it worse.

For one thing, they outnumber us. For another, we should be the bigger people here. The majority of people over there are, at the very least, neutral about us...if the people who are against us* attempt an attack on us, we will deal with it.

*"Against us" does not mean "with differing opinions," no matter what they say over there. We have NO official stance on ANY creator or ANY story. We only ask that you RESPECT THEIR WORK. They're people, and this is their livelihood.

Thanks!

--the Nightscrawlers Staff
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Ouch. Well I am glad it is being deal with in that fashion. I have not heard of that problem yet, but I hope they see past their ignorance and see we're just another site with different opinions. Eish, last thing we need is people making comments on other people's work its very upsetting. Thanks for the warning staff. Should we alert you if alarming e-mails or anything have been sent to us?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

"Perverts"? That's kind of odd.... I mean, it's not as if we let loose random acts of heavy, NC-17 slash under the guise of a "G" rating. Are these people just clutching at straws and praying for a good fight? Sounds like they're trolling for flames....

(Boy, does this make me glad I don't bother going to other boards. I really haven't heard much good about a lot of the comic boards lately... :( )
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Amen to that maelstrom. I joined x-fan for two days and when I saw how they talked to Chuck I never returned. The guy is an artist, you dont' like him you can talk about in a place not meant to honor him. And you can't critiscize him in his face, that's just plain mean.
Chris have there been any attacks at our site like, verbal abuse to an one persons art? Can't you report to one of the administrators and ask for some control and a truce rather than us going over there and letting out some homer simpson bombs?
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

I've seen other boards filled with insane ramblings and topics. Threads that have run rampant with topics "If you would laugh or cry if someone you didn't like got hit by a car". This is the type of stuff I do not like and wish not to see here. That is why I left one board.

Retaliation is only stooping to their level. I have moved beyond revenge. I would hope everyone here will have too.

I just find it strange that people need to get angry and threaten lives because an artist or writer does something in an arc that they object to. And then go on the attack when others like their work. These a comics. Not real life! So...read the arc and move on.:bamf

P. S. Remember there is a person with feelings behind every word of an arc and every stroke of that pencil. Remember to respect them whether you like some of their stories or all of them. It is a hard job. There are deadlines to meet. Not to mention a personal life that maybe sweet at times and taste like vinegar the next. They are human and deserve our respect just like everyone else.

Could anything be simpler?
Sandy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Sandy »

I also stopped reading that board because of some of the comments over there....It seemed to me quite a lot of people didn't know how to spell "respect" - and I had to stop reading because otherwise my flaming sword persona would have taken over and probably been kicked off ComiXfan....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: This is my favourite forum. Full of friendly weirdos from all over the world :bow
:respectnorthstar
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Bamfman, from what I've heard, the Admins and Mods at X-fan don't care much about the trash their users spew at one another.. supposedly some of the Mods are the trash-spewers too. I know a handful of people who have left the site, most of them were Moderators there. It's a bad environment.

Perverts? Oh, so the fanboys can drool and argue who would be better to fuck, Jean Grey or the White Queen, on a regular basis, discuss which butt-floss costume they liked better. But the second us fangirls say a 'less acceptable looking' (a.k.a. not passable as normal human) Marvel character is hot, we're the ones who are perverted. F*cking hypocrits.

If a Mod objects to the uncensored ranting, feel free to change it to something less vulgar, but something just as pissy and annoyed?
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Trash is what sells a lot of people unfortunately. Look at Jerry Springer. He's popular because of the trashy topics he has. I find him offensive and degrading people for the topics like "My Son and I Have Sex". :yech

What I have seen at some boards that run rampant they are popular for that very reason. Trash talk. Boards that are smaller(we are small compared to the larger ones mentioned before) and don't tolerate such things(like Nightscrawlers) don't attract that element. Which is fine by me. I really don't give a damn about who would you have all night sex with. How is that relevant to comics? Sure put it in "Off-Topics" but even still, who cares? I don't. I drool over Nighty at times. Still thinking about Wolvie 6. **NL enters drool smilie here** But to have polls and threads on the very subject is rather immature and pointless.

At least here at NS there is some real modding going on!

Thanks all!;)
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Actually Megz, I think it's that lovely double standard peeking in there... remeber, it's not OK for girls to be sexual, and drool over a guy, *rolles eyes* whatever.

Originally posted by sevati
But the second us fangirls say a 'less acceptable looking' (a.k.a. not passable as normal human) Marvel character is hot, we're the ones who are perverted.
Call me King!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

actually, i believe that particular comment was in regards to the NC-17 fan fic we have over here.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

Actually, the poster has since stated that he was only joking, but he did end up with warning points for being disrespectful.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

I'm glad we're dealing with this responsibly. If we just started non-sensical flaming we'd end up with a hack-war (I've seen it) *shivers at memory of the X-Alteds website massacre*.
Hey, we can be mature. Even if they can't, we can still be good people.

As for people calling us perverts because some fics we write are a bit...touchy...I can't understand why, if they found it offensive, they'd continue to read it and then call us all perverts. It's not right, but it's life.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Ladyhawke
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ladyhawke »

Originally posted by sevati
Perverts? Oh, so the fanboys can drool and argue who would be better to fuck, Jean Grey or the White Queen, on a regular basis, discuss which butt-floss costume they liked better. But the second us fangirls say a 'less acceptable looking' (a.k.a. not passable as normal human) Marvel character is hot, we're the ones who are perverted. F*cking hypocrits.
Huh, at least we generally warn people that a fic is going to be graphic. Some of those posts don't warn you to avoid them! Uh, as to perverted, go talk to the people over at Tolkien Online swooning over Gollum and Grima Wormtoungue, not that's something I don't understand! :?
"I wish upon tonight to see you smile if only for awhile to know your there."

"I believe that angel's breath"
"Faith is believing all power can't be seen."

Frodo, Kurt and Pippin are MINE!!!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

C i'm so glad you posted something like this *hugs* no wonder why you're The Cap'n :D
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Good grief; so it IS true that younger and younger kids are getting on the 'Net. :rolleyes That, or the adults on these sites are just being retarded.

Seeing these sorts of comments on ComiX-Fans and other boards are embarrassing; they just spread out the stereotype of fat fanboys drooling over Storm and/or geeky fangirls with perverted habits. I'm glad you asked us and others not to retaliate, C, and you're right about us having to show we're bigger than stupid stuff like that.
actually, i believe that particular comment was in regards to the NC-17 fan fic we have over here.
Is that Nightmare's fic, the one with Kurt and Shadowcat? It's rated NC-17, last time I checked.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

Originally posted by Bamfman86And you can't critiscize him in his face, that's just plain mean.
How is critiscizing someone mean? As long as it is constructive critism, I don't really see a problem.
Moongazer
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Moongazer »

Well, Bamfman means non-constructive criticism. like the unnecessary bashing and such.
Snoogans.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

There's a world of difference between critissm, and abuse...

The issue is really respect. A polite person with any manners at all would never tell an amature that their work sucks, or is hideous.. so then it stands to reason you wouldn't tell this to a professional either.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Constructive criticism usually involves telling someone how they can improve their work, not just that it's bad. If not, it points out errors even if it doesn't know exactly how to fix it, like "____ just seems out of place here". Non-constructive involves telling someone it's bad but not stating reasons for it.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

Wow... that's seems really odd. Austen Drones and perverts??? Okay... so maybe some of us can be perverted at times but it's just a joke... I don't think we actually do anything perverted here. Austen Drones? That would be a compliment to me! LOL
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Poor chuck is he still getting hate mail and stuff? I'm gonna send him an e-mail telling him how good he is doing, does anyone know it? I feel so bad for him his stories are awesome.
:clap good job chuck austen I applaude your stories (though the satan thing is really pushing the envelope) I still applaude it. :clap
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Chuck is not making his email available to anyone except people he works with, anymore. if you want to send him mail there are two options, send to his editors, there should be an email for the X editors at Marvel.com and if that one doesn't work, (there was some trouble with it bouncing in the past) just send to the Avengers editors. or me. Marvel will probably be quicker, but there is no guarantee it will get to Chuck. the editors are busy and all... me, i will pass it on, but i can't promise when, as i only talk to him occasionally these days.
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Nightfollower »

Oh man, poor chuck :( He doesn't deserve this kinda shit :mad

It's no wonder I hardly go to X-Fan. They're all...*remembers what crawler said*... :whistle

And Bamfman, I dunno about you, but I think the Satan think is great! :toothy
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
x23
Lubber
Lubber

Post by x23 »

I was dissapointed When Austen said God was a mutant that pissed me off but I still think Austen is a great guy
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

haven't checked this thread in quite a while, so the rsponse is a bit late, but... uh.... when did he say that? if he did, i am 99.9% certain it would have been a joke and nothing more. kinda like if me and C were to say that Heathen Sent is the NEW New Testament. we don't believe it, but it's fun to say. :p