Oct. 28 - NEWLY UPDATED RULES. Read before posting.

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Okay, I'm sorry to have to do this, but in a few ways thing are getting out of hand around here and I want to nip it in the bud, before this board goes the way of the Dodo, so here are the rules. Follow them and we'll all be happy campers.

Updated October 28, 2003

RULES

1. RESPECT. Show it. Use it. You should at least respect the opinions, works, and posts of others, and the others themselves at ALL times. I'm not saying that you have to agree with everyone and everything or that you have to like everything...just understand that it is someone's work or someone's thoughts that you're commenting on or disagreeing with.

2. No Flame Wars. No personal attacks of any kind will be tolerated. This should go without saying, due to rule #1, but just in case, here it is. In plain english.

3. Think before you post. You should always reread what you're planning on posting at least once before you post it. Make sure it says what you mean it to say and try to make it an intelligent and contributing response to the discussion. Also, try to get all your comments up to that point in the discussion into your one post instead of posting after yourself multiple times. Don't be afraid to go back and add to your post later if you think up something new.

4. Don't post for the sake of posting. No one is impressed by your post count if your posts are worthless. Again, this should go without saying with Rule #3, but here it is anyway.

5. Be Patient. Sometimes there isn't anyone else on for HOURS at a time...and sometimes there wont be a response to your thread for days after you post it...but be patient, no need to spam your own topic.

6. Rumors and Fact are different things. Please don't state rumors as fact...and really all you have to do is qualify your statement with an "I heard that..." or a "I think that maybe..." Believe me, it'll save us some confusion.

7. LOOK. READ. Look for other threads that may already be discussing what you'd like to discuss and give 'em a read through before you go off making a topic on the same topic. (See how redundant even the RULE is?)

8. Try to put 'em in the right category. It's not always obvious where you should start your thread, but usually it is. And those categories are there for a reason, people. ;)

9. Don't go overboard on your signature. The official limits to signature size is now 10 lines of text or one image, with a maximum size of 65 x 400 pixels, and two lines of text. You may also have a maximum of 5 smilies in your signature. If you're caught violating these limits, your signature will simply be deleted and you'll have to start from scratch.

10. Smilies and Attachments. The limit to smilies per post is tentatively set at 15, but this may change as we experiment with it. You may also put a maximum of two smilies side by side within a post. Attachments are only allowed in the Fan Creations forum and must be relatively on topic. We have a maximum file size of 150KB and all attachments must me in .jpg or .gif format. NO .BMPs!

11. One ONE account, please. This means that once you've signed up, please don't sign up again. We're working on ways to be able to change user names, but until then, please just choose your name wisely. Multiple accounts (especially using them to post to yourself) will result in BOTH accounts being deleted.

12. 'post padding'. by that i mean filling out short little nothing posts with a bunch of nonsense characters or smilies, like so: ############ to meet the 50 character limit will NOT be tolerated. We will simply delete any and all posts that are in violation of this, no questions asked. just *poof*, your post is gone. if you have something to say, make sure it adds to the conversation before you post. 'me too!' or 'that's cool!' or idle chit-chat is not adding to the conversation. The only place exempt from this is in Off-Topic Antics, in the game threads such as the Word Association game.

Well, that's that. We don't wanna be modding with an iron fist, as I don't think that that encourages a healthy board, but sometimes it helps to actually have the rules and consequences for breaking said rules written out. So there you go.

HAPPY SCRAWLING!!!
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I have a question regarding links in our signatures; is there a limit to how many links we can have in them?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.