BAMFnation & the Clubhouse

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ces »

Yes, I would love to own, wear and display Nighty clothes as well! :D But it will have to wait till the Autumn for my part... Short of small green pieces of paper right now...

Got Elf? is growing on me... It would be soooo cool to have such a T-shirt!
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

There's this website where you can make your own shirts. A white shirt with no picture and two words would be very cheap, plus if we all order one, the price goes down. There could be a picture but that might infringe.
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

are you thinking of http://www.cafepress.com? i have a store there! they work great, it would be very very easy to get club t-shirts if we do it through them :)
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BlueJubatus »

YAY! Thatd be soooo cool :D
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

No actually I was thinking of another site, but that came to mind. This site is specifically made for making large amounts of custom t-shirts.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

me wants a T-shirt!!!! once i did one and i use it for sleeping.
Bamfette could design the pic for the T-shirt *points bamfette*
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Meetings are all well and good, but remember, not all of us NightScrawlers are US citizens.

As for the tees and so forth...as long as we're not making a profit on them Marvel really shouldn't give us a problem...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BlueJubatus »

Id really like one with a picture on it:)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

me? well we have Dave here now, why don't we get him to design it ;) now wouln't THAT be the epidimy of cool. lets go suck up! :p
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

that's a magnificent idea Bamfette!!!
Nadireya: i'm not a US citizen neither but there are web cams, we can be on a video conference!
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BlueJubatus »

Yes! Suck we must and suck we shall!
...wait, i think that came out wrong.....:P
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

But I don't have a webcam...and mine's not a face you'd be wanting to look at any way...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

So now that Fearless Leader's back, what have we decided? Do we like this club idea?

Bamfette, I thought that same thing myself. That would indeed be awesome, but even if he did do that for us, could we legally use it? I understand that profit vs. non-profit makes a huge difference, but Nighty's image is still trademarked to Marvel. It's also one thing for us to get in trouble for it, but I'd hate to drag Dave into it as well.

All things we'd have to think about....
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Stormwatch »

Well, you can be right about the free floaters. I can be one at times. But, the internet is an easy way to stay in touch.

Now, as being a Newbie, the easiest way to find out if I am in floater, is if I stay with something for a year or more. I've been kinda drifting from my homeplace, mutanthigh, although I still do reviews, I don't post nearly as much there.

Although, from my experience, if a creator stays, then I stay. Hence why I kinda love X-Fan. But, with the club, should watch out for some of those trolls. BUt, I think that many would just recognize this as a Kurt hang out, and respect that.

Also, I can see, other places, like The Hangout and Mutatis Mutandis and people from those places, coming here every now and then. Just to talk to friends in different circles.

But I think Kurt items could be good, but, I do agree that it would have to be more thought out.

How about a broken up blue face. I mean, kinda like a smilie, kinda also like a smile face. Have pointed ears, or just a shading of them, and a grin, and maybe yellow eyes. And if you want, the yellow eyes could have pupils ;) :p just to show it ain't Kurt.
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BlueJubatus »

we could always get marvel authorized shirts if all elce fails, then we could get "Nightscrawlers" printed on afterward:)
I found this online.....
http://www.graphittidesigns.com/cgi-bin ... 1025760533
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BlueJubatus »

Crap, link didnt work, hmm, well, its here http://www.graphittidesigns.com
just go to t-shirts, then marvel, its by adam hughes. :)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by Nandireya
But I don't have a webcam...and mine's not a face you'd be wanting to look at any way...
lol!!!
me too, but i have to think on a solution :P
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Alright, well I'm not done reading this thread yet, but I'd like to say that it would be in no way exclusionary. Basically, the original intention is to create a place for people who have enough blue fuzz in their blood to want to be a member of the club. It'd also be a place without lurkers...and I think it'd be fun. And yes, the private board will just be one big orgy. Got Tail?
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Crawler »

Alright! Here's the dilly-o.

-- The Club WILL be going forward.
-- The private board will be for those in the club only, but anything important and anything I feel should be put out on the public parts of the board will be moved there.
-- It's exclusive, but not exclusionary.
--Unfortunately, I think there's going to be a small join up fee...but you'll get a t-shirt out of it! (The fee will cover JUST the shirt)
--For now, it's just the Nightscrawlers Club, BAMFnation. Once we get on our feet and have some good organization and a good number of people in it, we'll go to Marvel and try to get us recognized and okayed as an OFFICIAL Nightcrawler Fan Club.
--There will be a snail mail newsletter. What will be in it? You'll just have to wait and see.
--There will be other perks every so often, as well. Maybe a BAMF doll or an action figure or a limited print, etc.
--There will be a test....because I'm a dork and think that fan clubs should have a test. ;) However, it'll probably not be too extremely hard...cuz I'm not a grandmaster of comic history or anything...
--Should he want it, Dave Cockrum (and any other creator, for that matter) will get an honorary membership, with all the perks and none of the work.
--IRL meetings will be incredibly few and far between, though I'd like the first one to be a premiere of X2...so get saving. ;)

Any questions, comments, concerns?
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Works for me. "Got Tail?" *snort!*

How about giving Dave an honorary title beyond just "honorary member?" Howz'about "Oh Great, Wise and Brilliant Creator and Honorary Great Poohbah."
;)
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BlueJubatus »

LoL!, sounds better and better!
Is there anything I can do to help?
Slaeti, you seriously crack me up:P
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Crawler this sounds excellant. Will we be paying through PayPal or is it checks? :D

Also, can we get permission to put Nightcrawler on the shirt of Dave ok's it? Or does Marvel have to legally ok it too?
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

:love::love::love:
Tanks Crawler! sounds like phun!
Can we send money orders or what ever,I'm still trying to talk the credit card vampires out of revoking my birthday:oops:

Panz
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Crawler »

Originally posted by Hsu
Will we be paying through PayPal or is it checks? :D

Also, can we get permission to put Nightcrawler on the shirt of Dave ok's it? Or does Marvel have to legally ok it too?
I'm glad you guys are excited, too. :D

Dave doesn't own any rights to the character so far as I know, so we'd have to get Marvel's permission...just so as not to get my fuzzy blue butt sued. The join-up shirts will be Nightscrawlers related as opposed to Nightcrawler shirts. However, I plan on harnessing our collective creativity and coming up with something that would make it clear that we're all about NC without having anything that would be legally compromising. ;)

How you will be paying your "dues" is up in the air for now...but most likely Checks, Money Orders, & Paypal would be alright, since I have the means to use all those. I don't like the idea of having to have you guys pay, but I'm strapped. I do want to make it clear that I will NOT be making a dime off of this. Oh, and almost certainly, we will have a charitable membership program...where those of us even more strapped for cash than I am will have their dues paid by a collective...You shouldn't have to have spare money to join.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

/me logs onto his mom's PayPal! SWEET!

Now lesse... if let's say 20 of us join this club, we order shirts, that shouldn't be more than $15 (high balling) each. Plus shipping.

Now if we did get to be the OFFICIAL Nightcrawler fan club, then it would make sense that Marvel would give us permission to make the shirts.

Also, can Dave make a call for us? Mr. Cockrum do you still have connections?!? :D