SPOUT OFF!!

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by Crawler »

So, whaddaya think of the new place? Any nitpicks or comments or suggestions?
This is the place for them!
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by BlueJubatus »

love it!!!
Think we need a pic or something for the entrance tho.;)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by Bamfette »

no offense but...

could we change the title of the art and fiction thread? 'furry fiction' makes me thinf of well.... FURRIES, and no offense to Foxdie if he drops by these parts, but what will be written there is not gonna be about Furries/antrho animals, it will be about Nightcrawler. i jsut feel it gives the wrong idea is all.

i am working on a pic, but i have been quite busy actually jsut getting the forum to WORK there was a lot of bugs to work out beforehand, and still a few (minor ones) popping upthat i have to look into. but i have the picture drawn,i drew it on the train today ;)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by kurtlover »

i think is wonderful!!! i wanna cry.... naaah
you did an excelent job :love:
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by Crawler »

Good point, Jill! That connection hadn't crossed my mind...

*goes to change it*
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Rex Luscus
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by Rex Luscus »

What do I think? I think this place is GREAT! I'm glad Hostboard sucks because it made this board possible!

Keep up the good work, Jill and Chris. This board is da bomb. :love:

-Rex
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by Stormwatch »

Goes to check out Jill's art.
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by Stormwatch »

:( it not there yet *reads through the thread again* ahh phooie :(
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by Slarti »

I like it. I like it a lot. You guys have done a great job here.
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by Booker »

I love the layout and the color scheme. How hard would it be to be able to use your own avatars? Like one's you either created or weren't on the list? Because I had a pretty good 'crawler icon that I use on the other boards I go to that I think would be nifty here.

Edit: I should read more often. I just read the post about the avatars, so never mind. :dead:
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by Crawler »

Thanks for the kind words people...

Must be doing something right considering all the praise...and I think the nearly 1100 posts and nearly 50 members (including The Creator!) speak for themselves.

(Thanks again, Jill!)
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by ces »

How about a little hack that shows 'todays birthdays', or even perhaps 'this weeks b-days' or something? ;)
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by Elwing »

Great, great, great. Improved more than ever believed possible, in comparison to Hostboard. have been trying hard to find something to whine about, but no such luck. perfection!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by ces
How about a little hack that shows 'todays birthdays', or even perhaps 'this weeks b-days' or something? ;)

I'll look for a hack that does that, no guarantees tho... i don't create these hacks myself, i just search for them elsewehre and follow directions :p
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by ces »

Ah, but don't put too much time into it! ;) It's not that important... :D
Fuzzball
Lubber
Lubber

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by Fuzzball »

Cool points for you admins! This site is awesome- I think the b-day hack, if not too much work, would be pretty neat as an addition. And the "mood" option is pretty cool, I've never seen that before.

But no complaints here! Keep up the astounding work!
BlueDiskJockey
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Very Good

Post by BlueDiskJockey »

Hey, im kinda new to this site, i came about a week before the old one got shut down, and its great! its such a cool place, if i didnt have a life (bamfman) (lol jk)......(lol) i would most definatly spend my time here...all....um..the time (repeative?) its a really cool place all in all! GOOD JOB!!!:love::love::love::D:D:D:love::D:love::D
"I am not your rolling wheels, I am the highway"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

This place gets more and more sweet every time. U could have a TELEvision and Kool movies ::): (Tele, get it, teleport, television...*cricket*) threadish thing for discussions on shows and movies, or a Crawler COllectibles for anyone who wants to post collections or talk about them, or evn say hey, go to e-bay, im selling some! U can probably think of way jazzier names because, well, your Jill and Chris,
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

I must admit... before I found this place I wasn't all that keen on message boards... Then I saw ya'll and was hooked... I never saw the old board... but I do know that I love this!
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
NightcrawlersLove
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by NightcrawlersLove »

message boards are addictings once ur here u can never go back...really lol.....two paws up to the place knighty and bamflass!
i think a pic of tha blau dude at the entrance or the top of the mb would be great i also like the idea of haveing a weekly birthday thing just incase u two are not here to update day by day..by the gifts of the irish gods from above, i toss u two a big blue chocolate chip cookie!!! :)
"Sure call me weird,but compared to you i'm normal!"
~NightcrawlersLove
[p]
Corner of the Crawler
[p]
Griffin Flight Models
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by ces »

Hmmm... I have another suggestion... (I'm only doing this so you have something to do if you get bored one day... Otherwise you can skip my silly suggestions.)

Well, I have thought like this. When a thread becomes large (that is larger than 4 pages) the forum skips some links to the pages... Hmmm... An illustration might be needed...

Links for a 4 pages long thread: 1 2 ... 4
Links for a 5 pages long thread: 1 2 ... 5
Now, I think it would be better like this: 1 ... 4 5

Why? Well, it's more probable that you've read the beginning pages, but not the later ones, so it would be less irritating to be able to go straight to page n-1 (where n is the current last page) than first going t page n and then click on page n-1...

Uhhh, this sounded like such a simple request... Why then, is it so hard to explain!? *thwacks oneself for being such moron* If someone still is reading this (which I highly doubt), you can just skip this request unless you know exactly where to change this in the script...
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by ahmed »

I think we should have a section of "write to Marvel" where everyone writes their ideas for Marvel, then the thread gets sent to Marvel.
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by ces
Hmmm... I have another suggestion... (I'm only doing this so you have something to do if you get bored one day... Otherwise you can skip my silly suggestions.)

Well, I have thought like this. When a thread becomes large (that is larger than 4 pages) the forum skips some links to the pages... Hmmm... An illustration might be needed...

Links for a 4 pages long thread: 1 2 ... 4
Links for a 5 pages long thread: 1 2 ... 5
Now, I think it would be better like this: 1 ... 4 5

Why? Well, it's more probable that you've read the beginning pages, but not the later ones, so it would be less irritating to be able to go straight to page n-1 (where n is the current last page) than first going t page n and then click on page n-1...

Uhhh, this sounded like such a simple request... Why then, is it so hard to explain!? *thwacks oneself for being such moron* If someone still is reading this (which I highly doubt), you can just skip this request unless you know exactly where to change this in the script...
i agree, i do. but there is nothing i can do to change it. i didn't write the script, i downloaded it. i can modify parts of it, but i dunno how to modify that...
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by ces »

It's fine. It's the thought that matters! So, thanks! :D
hiddencrawler
Lubber
Lubber

SPOUT OFF!!

Post by hiddencrawler »

My only question, is how did you make it so fast and so pretty all at the same time? :) (referring to the many many many avatars)
*BAMF!!!!* ~~~~