The Power of Pink

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

The Power of Pink

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Women seizing their own power in rural india. I have to say that I don't generally approve violence, and I don't like that she's 'flipped' the roles and browbeats her husband...but on the other hand, go girl.

Its great to see women empowering themselves this way, even though its a shame that they had to.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

The Power of Pink

Post by wingyding »

I have to say that, awesome as this extreme reversal is in the sense that it's showing up the corrupted officials who demand bribes for everything, this Pal character is in very real danger of becoming one herself, if she hasn't already. When you're abusing the people who aren't entirely deferential to you, you're not some sort of savior or Robin-Hood-of-India. You're just a thug in a fluourescent pink sari.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
GreenLanternGrl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

The Power of Pink

Post by GreenLanternGrl »

I wonder if a guy or woman wrote this article. I actually think they are justified in beating up the guys who have relegated them to second class citizens for centuries (probably) and given them no rights whatsoever. I find it ironic that they've turned the tables on men. go them! :D. They dont have the luxury of peaceful protests in my opinion...
* GreenLanternGrl gets defensive of star
no one touches star
-.-
Awwww
* sage huggles star
* Josh touches star...
* Starfish is huggled and touched
* rachel glomps Star
o.o
and glomped
stop all that touching!
xD