WBC is at it again!

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

WBC is at it again!

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnoth ... 27377.html

I don't have anything to say other than really, if there is a God, when are these assholes going to be struck down?? I think the lucky thing is that with Heath Ledger's fame, it's likely they will not be able to get anywhere NEAR his funeral, and is he even being buried in America? Who knows. Lovely they are the first to jump on any tragedy and condemn the victim in the name of God.

Assholes.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

WBC is at it again!

Post by Slarti »

*sigh* Oh, Kansas. Too bad Sebelius can't dropkick them out of the state... as long as they don't land to the east.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

WBC is at it again!

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Wow great, they took a quote from here, an add another quote from there.
I don't really understand how they can do that, I myself would call that blasphemy.

I wonder what it says in the bible before the "For because of these things cometh the wrath of god upon the children disobedience" part, because I highly doubt it says anything about homosexuality.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

WBC is at it again!

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Honestly, I hope they go to Australia and get arrested. I'm not sure how the law works there, but I doubt they'd put up with a bunch of foreigners showing up just to fuck with them after such a tragedy.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

WBC is at it again!

Post by wingyding »

I'm a huge fan of the Biker Brigade that stands between them and the funeral parties of fallen soldiers. They're kickass.

And the WBC? well. Let's just say that should they visit my town, most of us would be happy to send them to whatever god they'd like.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

WBC is at it again!

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Originally posted by wingyding

most of us would be happy to send them to whatever god they'd like.
In other words most of you would be happy to kill them, that's nice.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

WBC is at it again!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

This is why i can't stand organized religion. People get it in their head that they need to be like this, and it's just sick to me.

And yeah, Croc. If psychiatric treatment didn't help, a nice bump from a humvee might do it.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

WBC is at it again!

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

It's that old saying though: A couple bad apples spoil the barrel. Most people don't think like this - but a few wingnuts do and use religion to trumpet it - and it's a mess. Hate generally is though.

On the other hand, you have people that are organising things in third world countries to get people access to education, clean water and other things. So while I don't believe in some of the things 'organised religion' promotes, there is no denying that there are also some pretty good things as well.

Westbro however is just a nice little inbred scary cult. They are best ignored as much as possible, and hopefully (though doubtfully) there will be a day that they are shut down.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

WBC is at it again!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

No I agree. It's just throughout most of history man has abused the organization of religion, at least from my perspective. And this is just another sad example to me...
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WBC is at it again!

Post by Feuerstein »

The problem with not having organized religion is that, for those who do believe in some divine power, there would be less community and leadership. People gravitate towards each other based on common interests, so it's also a hard to avoid phenomenon.

Buuut Bamfman is right. Looking solely at the Christian faith, excluding others, you have plenty instances of extreme misuse of power and influence. The Crusades, the Inquisition, the Imperialism movement, heck even Tudor vs. Stuart reign, etc. A lot of them were more politically-motivated, but religion was the tool used to spur the people into action by playing on their emotions.

I don't say this makes organized religion inherently harmful. It's still all about the people involved in the decision-making. Organized religion also does some very good things, like bringing people together for a common cause such as helping the homeless or getting supplies to needy areas of the world.

But this sort of radicalism is absolutely insane. The man is dead. He deserves to rest in peace and his family deserves the comfort of an undisrupted funeral ceremony. Besides I think even people who are anti-homosexuality should have the brains to differentiate between stating their point of view and being completely ridiculous, not to mention rude, unkind and abusive! Don't all those things go against the laws of Christianity? How can they act this way and say they're doing God's work, when all they are causing is more harm, both by hurting people with their actions AND further lowering the already volatile opinion of the Christian religion?

It's really messed up.
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

WBC is at it again!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm not railing against people who believe in God. F*ck I believe in God. And Jesus. He's the MAN.

But i'm just against the concept of misusing your religion for a tool or a weapon when entertaining the hold of power. I feel a lot of christians throughout it's history have been caught with their pants down trying to do this.

It's not just Christianity though, it's pretty much any religion. Or any social grouping. When people rally together it can be an expansion of ideas and concepts, can even be discussion and realization, but it becomes tainted and troublesome over time. Any club or organization sees this. It's not the groups fault it's the human fault the one we all have. So you can't change it, but you can at least respect the dead.