things or movies that has changed your perpection on Life

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
sovietxzion
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Boy Cereal

Post by sovietxzion »

what would be yours?
"Itchy, Rusty, Wretched, my ARSE!"- Jetfire

"I'm not gonna stick it in freja and make her see god, i leave that to the Pros... AKA freak"

"If sex is evil, I comitted a whole lot of evil last night."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I have three films.

Then Three Books.

1) Crash: It's smack-you-in-your-face way of showing you the obvious pains of prejudicial comments or actions made me realize a lot of things I or my friends say are very uncalled for.

2) Spider-Man: This film confirmed my future life of comics. I have never thought Spider-Man was so cool, I mean I always loved him, but that film was so well done, so well casted. Yes Goblin looked like a power ranger, but everything else was so perfect, I couldn't have asked for anything more...but Sam Raimi gave me more anyways.

3) Bobby: I know I listed all recent films and if I had time to list others I would, but this movie just broke my heart in half. I can't believe the human races has lost so many important people, and just like the Pakistani Ex-Prime Minister who was shot the other day, the greatest leaders who rally for Peace tend to be shot first, but like the movie says, you can kill the man not the message.

Books:

1) The Alchemist: if you haven't read it, READ IT. Clinton says it changed a decision he made in the white house.

2) The Stranger: Another socially deceiving novel. Pick that one up immediately as well.

3) THe Tree Of Smoke: I'm reading it now and it's beautiful...

[Edited on 2/1/08 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Ooh, the Alchemist is a great book. Paulo Coelho is such an awesome, deep writer.
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Amamelina
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Amamelina »

My friends changed my perception. I'm not scared to admit it.

Grechen was the first person to introduce me to the concept of other religions. Until I met her, I had honestly believed there was only one religion in the world. Everyone I had met either went to my church or just didn't talk about religion. In the 6th grade, I met Grechen and we became best friends. She's Mormon. I think i went to her church once (not 100% sure, I could be making that part up). Thanks to her, I got interested in meeting and befriending as many people of various religions so i could learn more.

Susan got me over my homophobia. Ok, actually, she didn't get me over all of it. I still get squeaky when anyone (straight/gay/whatever) kisses in my pressence. I'm a prude and I admit it. However, Susan's approach was to make me easier to accept lifestyles not my own. Mainly by hitting me. Not the best approach, but if I wanted to go through life unbruised, I learned fast that people are people and deserve their freedom and love lives.

Gin was my best friend and she finished what Susan started. I was 14, maybe, when she came out of the closet. I had to make a choice. Reject her and lose a friendship as old as time because the priest at my church was all "homosexuality is bad" or accept my friend for who she was and love her for it. I accepted her (and that priest left the next week anyway) and we remained friends for a long time. We're not now, and I'm still scratching my head over it.

So, those were the people who changed my perception.
I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm is never glum. Cause how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum!
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by german_gremlin »

Movies would be:

Back To the Future : It was the first "mature" movie I ever remeber watching when I was little. I loved it when I was young because this was my first memlory hanging out with my dad. I still love watching it.

Mothman Prophecies: I know..I know. It never happened. Well, to the people that lived in Point Pleasent, West VA it did. And...I believe it did. I met someone who grew-up there and he was about 10 or 11 at the time that happpened. He remeber seeing it and it scared him forever. So this has taught me not everthing is totally fluke.

X-men 2: It made me def. want to become a comic book artist. I have watched this movie a bazillion times, and I never get tired of it.

:dance
"Hand over your beautiful venches, Captain Eagle...or face the wrath of the Dread Pirate Bluetail!"
Nightcrawler: "...I'm fine ...why are the gypsies dancing the lambada --?" #UXM 366
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Hmmmm.

Books:

The Secret Garden and A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson-Burnett. I read both pretty much at the same time in my life (7 years old), so they're equally important. They made me realize that there was suffering in the world, as well as goodness ad love. That it takes all people to make life and this world work.

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien made me imagine all the possibilities that this life has to offer - you go on a journey and find yourself and others. It also sparked my imagination and made me more creative as a child, and I really got interesting in writing.

Banana Fish by Akimi Yoshida. It's a comic books series, but it really hits home for me. It's a good story of a Tragic Hero, and how he overcomes his problems, through circumstances that introduces a wide range of characters, some good, some evil, some who have been manipulated into doing things for each side, while they themselves remain ambiguous.

TV:
Macgyver. 'nuff said. You don't need guns or money or hate to be smart and help others. You use your own strength and ingenuity to do that.

Batman got me into comics, and that it was fun to be the good guy.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro