Thanksgiving is upon us, it's time we started discussing Chr

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I think from now on we shouldn't use any type of holiday greetings at all during the month of December. It's getting way too difficult.

This is really good:
SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."
:D
-e
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

omg...

that's the stupidest thing ever...

why don't we just do this to our Santas:

:secret
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Thanksgiving is upon us, it's time we started discussing Christmas greetings again.

Post by Garble »

On one hand, that is really really stupid.

On the other, I've always found "ho ho ho" as really unnatural for signifying laughter. It seems more pirate-like than jolly.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Thanksgiving is upon us, it's time we started discussing Christmas greetings again.

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

LMAO. There is a reason kids cry when they are sat on santa's lap. He's one creepy dude!

People need to exercise reason though. Rabid 'non-religion' is just as bad as rabid religion. Live and let live people.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
kamizzi
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Encourager Extraodinaire

Post by kamizzi »

:faint why do people always have to find problems even in something like this? for ages Santa was having this 'ho ho ho' laugh and it was ok, and now it becomes bad and inappropriate.
I wonder what's going to be next. Maybe Santa shouldn't wear red colours because it causes aggression?
LOL
:?
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

there was a big thing down here a while back about clerks at mall shops saying 'merry Christmas!' to people as a greeting. Responses went all the way from people saying clerks should be required to say merry Christmas to wanting Hannukah to kwanzaa, to the bland 'seasons greetings'. I was so utterly confused over this and kept wondering if I was the only one who'd be able to deal just fine with a clerk at a mal stre just saying 'Hi, how may i help you?'
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

What next? Regulating how people may happen to laugh? And what will happen when kids complain that the mall Santa's laugh is all wrong?

I'll have my Christmas just the way I usually do. And if someone wishes me a happy solstice, Happy Chanuka, or whatever even though I'm not pagan and not (according to halacha) Jewish, I'll take their happy wishes for what they are, wishes that I have a good day, however I may or may not observe it.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven