Birth control at age 11?

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Birth control at age 11?

Post by Slarti »

A public middle school in Maine is going to offer birth control pills and patches to its students. Some of whom are as young as 11. Link.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Birth control at age 11?

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

You know...I don't blame the school, and I don't blame the kids. Where the hell are their parents?
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Birth control at age 11?

Post by littlebamf »

This kind of thing is already old news here. There was even a big uproar about a school nurse who got an abortion for a 14 or so year old girl, without informing her parents. The girl then went on to have a kid anyway a year later.

I don't blame the school either. It's not really their fault or indeed responsiblilty to have to provide birth control, yet they find they're having to.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Birth control at age 11?

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Yeah. Its a tough one, cause no one wants to think of 11 yr olds having sex. But they are. And they are gonna do it regardless, so may as well make sure that they aren't parents, and condoms so they aren't as likely to spread stuff. Cause ignoring it isn't going to make it go away.

But yuck. I was still playing with my barbies at 11. And do the math. If the pattern repeats they could technically be a grandparent in their early 20's.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Birth control at age 11?

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Ha ha, college students juggling their children's dance recital and taking their grandson to the park... wow... That is hard to believe.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Birth control at age 11?

Post by steyn »

That's one scary thought
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Birth control at age 11?

Post by Freak »

The funny (well, morbidly funny) thing about what paws said is: if they become parents with 11, do you really think they will be able to be good parents, eg educating their kids so that they won't become parents at 11? That's how one fuck up spreads through generations :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!