Apparently myspace = the devil

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Well, I can't say that I'm that suprised...but this did give me a fit of the giggles. Whatever happened to people being able to use 'tools' in whatever way they want? Sure there is naughty stuff on myspace. There's also naughty stuff in video stores, on tv and in a million other places. Its the user that dictates what their experience is. Yeesh.

I'm not too sure that I don't agree with the myspace = the devil thing though, but for different reasons :P.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I can't even read that. Religious jargon drives me crazy. All that, though, in response to someone asking to be taken off their mailing list? Get a life!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Yeah, I'm totally with Nacht. But this bit made skimming that claptrap worthwhile:
Make no mistake. Satan is having a field day with MySpace.com.
:LMAO :*) :shifty :coy

Okay, edited because I read more before I closed that window and saw when it turned to ‘Evan Almighty’:
Is being on Myspace a holy thing? Is it clean? Is promoting and/or attending "Evan Almighty" clean or unclean?
Okay, without spending too much time on it – Absolutely, these folks have a right to believe whatever they want, and they’re sure not hurting me any by griping about myspace and a movie. But really, don’t they have other things to do that would more effectively show their devotion to their beliefs instead of this? In my opinion, it’s things like this that just makes them look silly.

[Edited on 26-6-2007 by Slarti]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Quoting the AFA's recent review:
"... Comical, disrespectful and incorrect references are made to Biblical topics. For example, during the credits God appears and adds a new commandment to the 10: 'Thou shalt do the dance.' This refers to a funny dance Evan performs throughout the film.

In addition, the movie misrepresents Scripture in a number of ways, first of all by manufacturing an unbiblical view of God and His nature. Evan Almighty paints the Heavenly Father as an irreverent being who uses humiliation to coax a person into doing what He says...."
lol

What, no link to the Christian myspace? Also "American Decency Association". Hahahaha.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

. . . all that for a stupid MOVIE?! People need to relax. I'm sure God (or whoever it is if there's anything out there) is laughing. I mean, SERIOUSLY. It's a comedy.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro