Child Abuse or Chastity belt?

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

The South is Nuts!

Well, not really. This is flat out...bizarre. I wonder about the piercer who is dealing with a kid who obviously doesn't want it done, and a mother who is forcing it, and does it anyway. Thats very bizarre.

And...aren't there other ways to discipline a kid? And what of the 30 year olds the kid is sleeping with? This seems excessive, but some kids are out of control....but I think the question is how did they get so out of control you had to pierce their va-jay-jay to keep them in line??
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

OMFG! That is CRAZY!

…but I can’t help but wonder a little about this line:
The women also altered the girl’s hair in an unusual way as a form of punishment, according to court records.
She-mullet? Flock of Seagulls?

I think the lawyer might be retarded here as well:
“What about piercing a 3-year-old child’s ears? Is that child abuse? The child didn’t want it. There’s harm there. There’s blood there. Is it different here because it’s a different body part?” Day asked.
That’s a bit of a stretch. Though I’m not so keen on ear piercing that young either.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I got my ears pierced when I was 1 :shifty

My grandfather wanted it done. Some hispanic/cuban thing. I dunno. But yeah thats a HUGE stretch, you don't pierce your 3 year olds ears because they're not listening. And it takes way less time for the ear lobe to heal than the vag.

And with everything that goes on in that area, I can imagine keeping the piercing clean is EXTREMELY important. I can't imagine a 13 year old who didnt even want it in the first place is gonna work too hard to preserve it, nor understand the danger of not doing that. And unless the mom is taking care of her daughters who ha everyday, she's made her susceptible to infection and other nastiness.

[Edited on 6/2/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I was 17 when I got my first ear piercings, and had to fight my mother tooth and nail to sign the stupid form. So at 18 I got three more done. :shifty

And EW! Yeah, the story said there were allegations of an infection, but no real evidence. This is just, gah! Damn, lady, if you really can’t control the kid that’s what military school is there for. :LOL
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Dude. That's just wrong. The MOTHER needs to go to boot camp if she raised her child to be that bad. :( I hope they took it out. That poor kid.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Yeah...I have to say that there were a lot bigger issues at play if the child was seeking adult men like that...

Add to that there are a lot more ways to skin a cat than vaginal sex and that peircing helped A LOT.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

If you haven't met any 13 year olds who sleep around with 30 year old men, well, you're lucky. They are horrid. They get like that because they have parents who don't set boundaries and worship them as precious little geniuses. I would have sooner pierced her mouth shut, myself.

Just saying.

It's extreme, pretty gross, and not going to work, but what else is her poor stupid mother going to do? So much for "raising a kid with high self-esteem".
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir