Et tu New Jersey?

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Et tu New Jersey?

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Video including a same sex couple makes people go nuts

WTF? How can a video promoting tolerance rackle people so much? And it's not like it was some "pro-gay, in your face" kind of thing. It was a video that showed different types of familes, and included a same sex couple. How is that SO awful? It's not making any type of judgement, its saying "this exists, and it's ok." What exactly is wrong with that?
One parent suggested the Gold Rule - treat others as you would treat yourself - had nothing to do with homosexuality.

"Treat others as you would want to be treated, you don’t have to teach all these horrible concepts to them about the golden rule, do you," the parent of one eight-year old screamed at the the school board.
Wow. That's scary. I get parents being (BATSHIT INSANELY INTOLERANT) against their kids being exposed to what they may be morally against. But the fact is: You live in NEW JERSEY! Gays are a PART OF OUR SOCIETY! They're on TV and they're all over NYC. Do you think the kids will NEVER be exposed?!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Et tu New Jersey?

Post by JSherlock »

See? People like that should not be allowed to reproduce. We have enough stupidity as it is...but seriously.
"When does Evesham Township or any school have a right to show to my grandchildren something I believe to be morally wrong," asked another woman.
Uh.... I believe it's called Separation of Church and State.
School district officials said the video is meant to teach tolerance.
FINALLY! A school that gets it. They should have said "Screw you, you intolerant Nazis and get over it." and kept showing it, instead of shelving it. It's NEW JERSEY, not some podunk place in the south.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Et tu New Jersey?

Post by idsunki »

Intolerance doesn't only exist in the south, as much as I'd hate to disappoint my fellow yanks. They need to get the sodomobile over there to those protests.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Et tu New Jersey?

Post by JSherlock »

LOL! True, true. It's not just the south. But it's where you expect intolerance.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Et tu New Jersey?

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Its similarly dumb about the massive protesting going on right now about the HPV virus vaccine. Even IF a girl is 'chaste' there still is her one and only husband...that may have not been.

Why risk it if you can prevent it?

As for this whole thing - evidently some people wish to preach intolerance and hate. How that's an ok is beyond me. You couldn't go and protest that there was a mixed race couple in that show, or a divorced couple...both of which are against the 'beliefs' of many...so why is it OK to protest against a gay couple?

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Et tu New Jersey?

Post by Garble »

How DARE the schools teach children than gay people exist?

That's really weird. Especially since NJ is looking like it might legalize same sex unions.