On disabilities and sex.

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

On disabilities and sex.

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Reading this brought more stuff to mind. This story features a guy with a long term disabling illness that will eventually be terminal...but he didn't want to die a virgin.

I'd have to say...I'd support this. I get this. And I feel for this poor guy. Its so hard to have physical conditions like this, but to have an intact and healthy mind. Its like being trapped in a prison.

Normally I wouldn't ever condone prostitution...but nothing is ever black and white is it?

And OMG...having to explain that to your parents - how embarrassing.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

On disabilities and sex.

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Oh man I would not want to explain that to my parents as my dying wish. But, yeah why not? I get wanting to experience that before dying.

And why the lady hatin'? They're the hardest workin' chick's in the world's oldest profession. Recognise!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

On disabilities and sex.

Post by HoodedMan »

I totally agree. Sure, why not? I don't even see that the parents should care. Makes plenty of sense to me.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

On disabilities and sex.

Post by JSherlock »

Whatever makes him happy.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

On disabilities and sex.

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Oh man, that's sad. At least he got to experience the physical aspects, though he still knows the emotional part will likely not happen for him in the time he has left. What a total bummer.

Prostitution should be legal, but that's another thread.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

On disabilities and sex.

Post by Elwing »

It's one of those "better than nothing" things. And after all it's only natural. It happens more often than you think- There is a court case going on here which involves a seriously handicapped guy who wants his monthly visit by a prostitute covered by the state insurance. He figures this is similar to a wheelchair, a staircase lift or a nurse! The state of Belgium says it will be happy to buy him a good vibrator, but renting out ho's is pimping, and pimping is not legal. I love this country.
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail ... D=GH3J6D4E in case you read Dutch...

But I think it's a bit odd the press got into these cases. Whatever happened to privacy?
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”