Musical Theater is dead in Nigeria

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Nigeria Bans Gays

I heard this on the radio the other day and figured I'd share. I mean...really there's not much we can/should do, but it's very sad :(.
Few in Nigeria's deeply closeted gay community have publicly opposed the legislation, which proposes penalties of up to five years in prison and is widely expected to pass.

Engaging in homosexual acts is already illegal in Nigeria, with those convicted facing jail terms in the mainly Christian south and execution in the mainly Muslim north.
Now I wonder why on Earth so few would publicly oppose it :rolleyes
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I was going to post this earlier but I lost the paper again and couldn't find it again on-line. I probably couldn't have even spoken coherently about it anyway; I mean... a gay man can't even have lunch with another gay man without facing the possibility of a jail term.

What the fuck is wrong with that country? What the fuck is wrong with the Earth for that matter? I'm not going to rant about this now. But geez...
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

How appalling is that? Again, it seems to me like people are forcing their religious beliefs on others. How is THAT Godly??

I hope Canada will take on people who wish to do so as refugee status. That is fricken ridiculous. Why do people want to hurt each other so badly? Why do they need to control each other when it has NOTHING to do with them?

If I was God, I'd be pissed.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

You know....I 100% firmly believe that we shouldn't interfere in any way with this, because..well, it's absolutely not our place to decide how other countries should govern themselves. But there's something that irk's me just a bit here..

I recall there was this cry to step in when that Christian man was to be executed in Afghanistan for being a Christian. And this?? FAR more people being persecuted and you really don't even hear about it. It's kind of sick. Shows what our priorities are when it comes to human rights. But I guess hey...its to be expected. How sad...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€