Here's a reason to pray for America...

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6216788.stm

Respected scientists are in this group eh?? How in the WORLD could a scientist who IGNORES SCIENCE be respected in the scientific community??

Ughh...this country...what is wrong with this country...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Wow! James Gurney's Dinotopia come to life! :shakeno
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

That's awful.

Technically, they don't say "respected". They say "qualified".
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Oh, I've heard of this. if it's any consolation the 'respected scientists' qualifications are iffy at best . There are some genuine ones, but they pad the list to include people whose doctorates are in other fields, or got them by mail from shady institutions, and such.

But yeah, it's hard to ignore that evolution is happening... even within humans, there was a recent discovery related to lactose tolerance that shows that it arose 3 times independently with different mutations within the past 3000 years. Once in northern Europe and twice in different parts of Africa. There are people out there with a mutation to their immune system (mostly European descendants of plague survivors) that makes them resistent to the Bubonic Plague and AIDS, etc. there are so many different kinds of proof, from ring species to DNA to geological finds.... I don't understand how someone can still believe in young earth creationism. I can accept and understand a 'guided by god' idea, even if I don't believe it myself, but 'over the course of a week about 6000 years ago *poof* there it was'? nah.