Freedom of Expression in Iran

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

You know what? I can never shake the feeling that the world sometimes is just one giant junior high school.

Seriously. This is so dumb. However I can't see it leading to anything more than more stupidy, cause what now? Invade Iran and kill them too? I don't know what the answers are, but I don't think its more of what they've been doing in Iraq.

Oh. And I love how everyone is so terribly worried and worked about that, but no one seems to be worried or give a shit that in 20 yrs we'll barely have polar caps in the summer and the weather will be so fricken insane that I doubt any of us will have time to worry over shit like this, cause we'll be so busy trying to deal with that. However - I don't see nearly the interest in trying to stop the process that is leading to THAT.

:doh! humanity!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

What you're forgetting, Paws, is that there is no Global Warming. It's a myth. :rolleyes

And I agree with you whole-heartedly.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

They're not questioning that it happened. They're questioning whether it was a valid reason to create Israel. It's a horribly good argument. America wouldn't be able to create a country in some other country for ANY reason without invoking GLOBAL OUTRAGE now.

Stupid cultural relativism.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Ahmadinejad has used anti-Israeli rhetoric and comments casting doubt on the Holocaust to rally anti-western supporters at home and abroad, particularly in Asia and the Middle East. Several times he has referred to the Holocaust as a "myth" used to impose the state of Israel on the Arab world.

Ahmadinejad announced that the conference had decided to set up a "fact-finding commission" determine whether the Holocaust happened or not. The commission will "help end a 60-year-old dispute," the president said.
(quoted from http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/061212/w121279A.html)

This to me does not say 'They're questioning whether it was a valid reason to create Israel'. It says 'the holocaust didn't happen/is a myth'.

While a lot of focus may be on Israel, they are still denying that a great deal, if not all of it, happened. Which, is bullshit. :)

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.