Westbro gets even MORE twisted..

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Yeah, I didnt think it was possible, either... but read this.... when Hannity & Colmes looks reasonable, you KNOW the person they are interviewing is one twisted fuck.

Confirms once and for all what everyone suspected though, they hate everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, outside of their few hundred member 'church'. According to them, they're the ONLY ones living the 'right way' and are thus going to heaven, and the few billion other people on the planet are doomed to hell. Nice.

This is a partial transcript from "Hannity & Colmes," October 3, 2006, that has been edited for clarity.

ALAN COLMES, CO-HOST: Members of the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas, have been protesting at military funerals since June of last year carrying signs with anti-gay slogans. Yesterday, they announced they were planning to protest the funerals of the Amish schoolgirls shot to death to death in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, earlier this week, but they have since changed their plans.

With us now from Westboro Baptist Church is Shirley Phelps-Roper.

You changed your plans because Mike Gallagher has offered you airtime on his radio show, because you want to get your message out. What is that message?

SHIRLEY PHELPS-ROPER, WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH: The message is that God has put a standard in the earth. He expects his creatures to obey it. If you obey, he'll bless you. If you don't, he'll curse you. America has sent away her day of grace. America is doomed.

COLMES: You're giving me what sounds like a bunch of talking points. Why would you cause more pain to this community, the Amish community, which, if so not even involved in so much what is considered modern day and these families who have suffered? Do you have any sense of how much additional pain you would be causing these families by protesting at the funeral of these young girls?

PHELPS-ROPER: There isn't any way to fix that situation for them. It's not going to be any less painful if we are there or aren't there. They did that to themselves. And you say they're not involved.

COLMES: What do you mean they did that to themselves?

PHELPS-ROPER: I mean, they sit over to there and create their own form of righteousness, instead of...

COLMES: Did those girls deserve to be killed?

PHELPS-ROPER: Well, they did get killed, and they did that. Who controls the hearts of men? It was at the hand of an angry God those girls are dead.

COLMES: Did they deserve to die?

PHELPS-ROPER: They did deserve to die.

COLMES: How you can possibly make a statement like that?

PHELPS-ROPER: Because that's exactly what happened, and it happened at the hand of the lord your God.

COLMES: How can you possibly say that — how can you possibly say that young girls who have done nothing wrong, who are innocent, who are just a few years old, who have never sinned, who have never done anything, deserve to die? How could you possibly make a statement like that?

PHELPS-ROPER: You told me that you serve the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who says that when Adam sinned all sinned. There are no innocent human beings. And the parents...

COLMES: You know, you protest funerals of soldiers. You protest funerals of anybody who seems — dies under any circumstances. Anybody who is not a member of your church is a sinner and is hated by God.

PHELPS-ROPER: Don't go to — anyone who is not — if you don't serve God…

COLMES: Who serves God besides people in your church?

PHELPS-ROPER: Well, you tell me. I don't see anyone on the landscape in America.

COLMES: Nobody except people in your church, which is basically your family. A few hundred members of your family are the only people on earth who serve God, and everybody else deserves to die?

PHELPS-ROPER: You need to get out on these streets and warn your neighbors that your sin is taking him to hell, fulfilling the royal law to love your neighbor as yourself.

SEAN HANNITY, CO-HOST: Shirley, you really are a sick woman. You are a sick.

PHELPS-ROPER: Slight cold but thank you.

HANNITY: Twisted human being. Where is your soul that you come on the air and as young innocent girls are going to die and you're going to — you're going to open up the family's wound and pour salt on it? Where is your heart? Where is your soul? Where's your compassion? Where's your love?

PHELPS-ROPER: Our message is for the living, and that is the only loving thing to do.

HANNITY: What about the living families that lost their daughter?

PHELPS-ROPER: They did that to themselves.

HANNITY: No, because some animal killed them in cold blood. The families didn't do it.

PHELPS-ROPER: Who controls the hearts of men?

HANNITY: Do you sin? Did you ever commit adultery? Did you ever sin?

PHELPS-ROPER: Of course not.

HANNITY: Did you ever lust in your heart? Did you ever get angry? Did you ever sin?

PHELPS-ROPER: And that — you've got the deck chairs on the Titanic.

HANNITY: Have you ever sinned, Miss Perfect here?

PHELPS-ROPER: Of course, you know that I have sinned, and that's not the point.

HANNITY: You have. So you're a sinner. When you die, would you deserve to die?

PHELPS-ROPER: Well, of course all of us deserve to die. But I'm not the one who did die and my message is for those living people who brought that pain upon themselves.

HANNITY: This is what I see about you, Shirley.

PHELPS-ROPER: They need to obey the commandments of the lord their God.

HANNITY: Your entire life is — is now sort of focused on bringing pain to other people: The families of innocent girls who died. The families of innocent soldiers who died. God hates fags, is what…

PHELPS-ROPER: Innocent? Throw that word around. It has no definition when you get done with it.

HANNITY: More innocent than you. They didn't sin like you admit you sinned.

PHELPS-ROPER: Those children...

HANNITY: What did they do?

PHELPS-ROPER: ... those children were killed at the hands of a raging mad God to punish those families, to punish the state of Pennsylvania, because you've got a governor in that state got on FOX News and lambasted us because we serve God.

HANNITY: And you want to do — and you want to...

PHELPS-ROPER: And then you've got those people in Pennsylvania who think they can sue us and fix this problem?

HANNITY: Because you — hang on a second. Because you didn't like Ed Rendell and what he said, you're now going to protest at the funerals to bring pains to the families?

PHELPS-ROPER: To connect the dots. To connect the dots from point A, your filthy manner of life and your rebellion against God...

HANNITY: What are your sins, Miss Perfect?

PHELPS-ROPER: ... and conduct against the servants of God, to point B, the dead children.

HANNITY: I want to know what your sins are.

PHELPS-ROPER: I'm not going to talk to you about any such thing. I don't glory in my shame like you seem to want to do.

HANNITY: No, I just find this amazing that everyone else is a big sinner but you, and you admit to being a sinner.

PHELPS-ROPER: Obey the commandments of the lord your God.

HANNITY: Which ones did you break?

PHELPS-ROPER: Obey the commandments of the lord your God. You don't fix this by saying two wrongs make a right. That's what you seem to be saying.

HANNITY: No, but...

PHELPS-ROPER: That you may not say what God requires of you. If you don't, what?

HANNITY: You know what I'm saying? I'm speaking to our audience beyond you because you're brain dead. What I'm saying to you is you are a soulless, thoughtless, mean...

PHELPS-ROPER: Thoughtless?

HANNITY: ... mean, human being.

PHELPS-ROPER: Thoughtless? We go out here year after year after year on our own to warn this nation that if you obey God he'll bless you. Why don't you just try it?

HANNITY: Now listen very closely.

PHELPS-ROPER: Just try it.

HANNITY: Listen to what I'm saying.

PHELPS-ROPER: Just try it.

HANNITY: Here's what I'm trying to tell you.

PHELPS-ROPER: Obey the commandments of the lord your God.

HANNITY: OK, I got that.

PHELPS-ROPER: And get his blessings.

HANNITY: Now you spoke.

PHELPS-ROPER: There is only one remedy.

HANNITY: Now you listen to me. Here's what your remedy is.

PHELPS-ROPER: You repent like the men of Nineveh or you, this nation s doomed. You think it's bad so far, you're going to find bodies stacked up so that you can't even bury them.

HANNITY: You — you are a religious nut.

PHELPS-ROPER: Then you will obey.

HANNITY: You are a religious...

COLMES: We've got to run. Do you deserve to die, too?

PHELPS-ROPER: All of us do. Every one of us.

COLMES: God is going to smite you at some point?

PHELPS-ROPER: No, I said we all deserve to die, but the mercy of God to his people that serve him is what prevails.

COLMES: I can't even — I can't even — we've got to take a break. I can't get mad at you, because you're so pathetic.

PHELPS-ROPER: Look, honey...

COLMES: And what you're saying is so horrible and mean-spirited.

PHELPS-ROPER: You can do that and call me names. It doesn't fix it. You have got the wrath of God pouring out on your head. You need to fix that by obeying.

COLMES: Thank you for the lecture.

PHELPS-ROPER: Repent like the men of Nineveh.

Watch "Hannity & Colmes" weeknights at 9 p.m. ET!

Copy: Content and Programming Copyright 2006 Fox News Network, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Transcription Copyright 2006 Voxant, Inc. (www.voxant.com), which takes sole responsibility for the accuracy of the transcription. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No license is granted to the user of this material except for the user's personal or internal use and, in such case, only one copy may be printed, nor shall user use any material for commercial purposes or in any fashion that may infringe upon Fox News Network, LLC'S and Voxant, Inc.'s copyrights or other proprietary rights or interests in the material. This is not a legal transcript for purposes of litigation.

[Edited on 6/10/06 by Bamfette]
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Sweet tub of gravy, they're nuttier than squirrel droppings.

I wonder if they ever thought of the teachings of a nice man named Jesus, who had one heckuva good idea, "Love your fellow man as you would love yourself." But apparently they prefer to stay with the smiting bit of the bible. I'm pretty sure they pulled the wings of small insects for fun when they were kids.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by steynedvelvet
I wonder if they ever thought of the teachings of a nice man named Jesus, who had one heckuva good idea, "Love your fellow man as you would love yourself." But apparently they prefer to stay with the smiting bit of the bible. I'm pretty sure they pulled the wings of small insects for fun when they were kids.
Very few Christians actually follow the teachings of Jesus such as that anymore. Especially the fundimental/evangelical..

Why do they give these people air time? Like, why don't they interview Mischa Barton or Paris Hilton?? I'd far rarther listen to the shit they spew than this idiot. I'm sorry, but preaching hate and judgement in the name of God is just disgustingly sick. And I wanna believe there is a hell, so all these people can "opps!" when they land there..
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

That's why I diferentiate between Christians and 'Fundies'... (not necessarily *all* Fundamentalist Christians... just the... unpleasant ones...) most Christians I have met ahve been nice enough, and I don't have any real problem with them (though I will debate if it comes up) but Fundies are another matter entirely and they give other Christians a bad name....

And yeah, They said they gave up protesting this funeral so they coud be given airtime.. and if they were given airtime at that exact time so they WOULDN'T protest a greiving families funeral, whatever spares the family additional grief works for me. But Hannity and Colmes were not part of that deal... why are THEY giving the interview? granted, it did give more of a glimpse into their mindset than I had seen previously, but still...

PS. don't you love how this lady, and presumably the rest of her 'church' (it gets quotes, because calling it a church for real gives other churches a bad name. It's a cult, really...) ASSUME they are the only ones living by the Commandments? They're quick to pass out judgement not just to, say, gay people... but to people they know NOTHING about. They'll protest funerals of soldiers they know not one bit about, soldiers who, for all they know, could have been a very devout Fundamentalist Christian who took the commandments very seriously. but they'll protest all the same, proclaim he's roasting in Hell without knowing anything about him. What happened to 'judge not lest ye be judged?'

oh and this bit:
PHELPS-ROPER: I mean, they sit over to there and create their own form of righteousness, instead of...

... and just what the fuck do you think YOU'RE doing, you twat? They're ignoring parts of the bible and interperting it to an insanely extreme standpoint, so how are other Christian sects 'creating their own form of righteousness' and they're NOT?

[Edited on 6/10/06 by Bamfette]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

And yet again, I shudder to think these fucktards are just next door to me. Damn Kansas. I swear, aside from Lawrence, there’s something off with that whole state. They’re the ones with the state school board trying to teach a variant on creationism in their public schools too.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

yeah, I should have been clearer. I do know alot of really great christians, but sadly, the loudest and the ones that get the publicity (Westboro, that woman from trading Spouses, etc) are the worst and give the rest a bad rep. It's sad that a large group of people are unwittingly defined by these idiots.

And the Amish. THE AMISH! WTF Have the Amish done!!! How can you POSSIBLY claim that the AMISH are living a "less Godlier" existence than anyone else? They're the fucking AMISH!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Jesus i saw few interviews of Phelps-Roper in youtube.
Sick people.
I dont remember who it was, but some news anchor said to her "you are bunch of sick ****" "dont you feel ashamed of yourself?" etc.

Thats actually the reaction every person who talked to her had.

Was it 90% of their church members are family?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

yeah, most of the members are family. Most of them are also lawyers, so they sue people at the drop of a hat.

I'm really not sure how you could NOT have that kind of reaction to them, I'd want to tell her she's a twisted, sick, mean ect. person as well. I wouldn't do that in most cases, but this level of hatred deserves nothing less...

I'd accuse them of attempting to create a controversey with things they don't actually believe (or at least believe to a much lesser extent) just to get in the media, which I suspect is what Ann Coulter does, except I am pretty sure their beliefs are sincere...
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I don't even have anything to say. That all just sickens me. If you want a laugh, go back to the video where Julie Banderas flips on her. I'll post a link later; it's the greatest thing ever.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I think the Phelpses realized the danger of protesting at military funerals, and decided it would be safer to go after people who regard unconditional forgiveness and strict pacifism as part of their religion. Cowards.

"Judge not lest you be judged" is not the verse that applies here. "Whatsoever you do to the least of these you do to me" applies in spades. They're the exact same sort of people who mocked Jesus while he was crucified.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
I don't even have anything to say. That all just sickens me. If you want a laugh, go back to the video where Julie Banderas flips on her. I'll post a link later; it's the greatest thing ever.
oh no, the Sodomobile is the greatest thing ever :D it's in a thread I posted a while back...