Ghost, ghoulies, spirits and other paranormal critters

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I've seen the odd post here or there on other threads, but I haven't seen a thread dedicated to it. I was perusing the internet when I found this article : http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,193242,00.html and it got me to thinking about what you all believe?

First, it might help to define what you think a ghost or whatever is.

For me a spirit is someone who has died and crossed over - gone to heaven - whatever you want to call it. A ghost is someone who is stuck here, and in most cases, doesn't even comprehend that they are dead. Ghosts can be benign or not so much, but most of them I think are kinda miffed at the "intruders" in "their" space. I believe that both exist.

I don't believe in demons or any of that ilk however. I think there are some pretty nasty ghosts, that were a dark spirit, heck I KNOW I've met some living examples of dark souls.

Have any of you seen or felt anything out of the ordinary? Have a good tale? Slarti - I know you must have at least one good ghoolie thing to share!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

OoooOOoooo! You know I love this thread! Just give me some time to think and I'll post here tonight or tomorrow.
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

I've caught things out of the corner of my eyes before that may or may not have been tricks of the light or of my overactive imagination, but no good stories.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

See, I go back and forth....

It's tough as hell because I really don't believe in the afterlife. As much as I want to, I don't. But, at the same time, I can't say that it's impossible. I definately have seen creepy things. And the dream with my grandfather really made me question my disbelief in the afterlife quite a bit. But...I dunno...

J should get in here and share....

EDIT: Actually, a brief and silly but maybe significant story about me and J:

There is this abandoned insane asylum by my house which I love to visit. It's over a century old, and the architecture is FABULOUS. So, when J came to visit me for my birthday, I wanted to show him. NEVER EVER had I felt any kind of unease while there....until I went with J. I don't know WHAT it was, but being with him there made a HUGE difference. I didn't even want to stay.....

And a story I thought of:

There used to be this old abandoned mansion out where I used to work. I went a few times with a bunch of coworkers to break in and look around. One of them, a chick named Lisa (I know, GORGEOUS name :P) was CRAZY superstitious. The mansion for a time was a bed and breakfast where Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller had once stayed (LI is a crazy tourist hot spot man! We get lots of visitors in the summer...you know the Hamptons). So, on one visit, she foiund a Guestbook there and took it home. Being crazy like she is, she went to a psychic..and the psychic mentioned she had taken something from a place of evil and had to return it. But in order to return it, she had to SALT it and walk it back. So, there's Lisa walking down North Country road, with a salted guest book.

LI actually has tons of supernatural legends...we've got a whole lotta history. There's Sweet Hollow Road, Mary's Grave, Devil's Trail, the Mayor's House, and of course, the Amityville Horror house.....many more I'm sure I'm forgetting....i've been to most of them. It's alot of fun....

[Edited on 3/5/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
jeangay
Lubber
Lubber
Title: JEAN LUC!!!!!

My story

Post by jeangay »

Okay I have TONS of weird stories, but I agree with Lisa on this...because....My thought process wavers on the subject...namely becuase if I believe in ghosts, than I have to believe in something beyond death...and for me...its a commitment I'm not sure I'm ready to make...

that being said...I've had some REALLY crazy experiances in my lifetime...and I do believe, if their is such a thing as ghosts, my house was SO haunted...(the house i lived in as a child.)

I'll share one story with you all.

When i was very young, probably 8 or 9. My brother and I always rode the bus home. My parents worked until later hours of the day, so we would be home alone from 3pm until about 4:30. One day....we came home and went upstairs. I went to my room and turned on my nintendo. As I was playing I saw that my sisters door was open and the sun was casting its light through the window in my sisters room onto the linen closet doors. So as I'm playing my Nintendo, I happen to look out and see someones shadow on the door. They look lik ethey are changing clothes and laughing and having a "gay" ole time. and I assume its my brother and I yell to him "get our of her room, you shouldn't be in there." The figure doesn't respond but keeps on going. I yelled again. "GET out of there...she is going to get mad if she finds out." The figure is laughing, or appears to be. I finally get fed up with my brother and start walking over to the my sisters room, all the while see the figure in the light on the closet....I turned the corner and began to speak when I noticed nothing was there at all.....my brother heard me from the bathroom and shouted. "What?" I didn't reply and went back to my room...confused.

Weird right? Thats just the tip of the iceburg with the stories I could tell ya.
"Phoenix was the best in the movie, I often wish I could turn people into dippin dots." ~Me

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Did you hear it laugh or just see it?? Either way that's pretty spooky (zoinks!).. I'm not sure if this really constitues as a ghost story, but I suppose I'll try to tell it anyway..

This was a few years back (three or four I guess) and at the time, my sister had a bunch of glow-in-the-dark stars all over her bedroom door. I don't think I was there at the time (but she told me the story so it feels like I was there anyway), but one night when she was going to sleep (I guess her TV was on a timer or something and shut off at a certain time..) she noticed that some of the stars were covered by something and were in the outline of a person. Naturally, she thought I was in her room trying to scare her or something, so she yells at the door. After what I'm guessing was a minute or so of "Get out of my room, you're not funny.. I SEE YOU!" she finally got fed up and threw a pillow at what she thought was me, but it just hit the door and fell down. So she goes to sleep, pretending like nothing was happening (which is a great tactic if someone breaks into your house I might add..) and when she woke up, all the stars were on, the pillow was still on the floor, and she was scared/confused out of her mind.. so yeah, not very exciting but it's something:shifty
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

I don't like to discount anyone's believes 100%. And on a childish level I kind of want there to be haunted houses and ghosts caught on video.

However, I think most of the time people are letting their mind play tricks on them. Also it seems to me that many of the stories I hear can be explained by something that happens to me quite often; opening your eyes while in REM. (your brain's dream-mode)

The first time it happened, I "woke up" on my side facing the wall and heard my dad's voice calling my name behind me. I also could feel him shaking my shoulder trying to wake me up. But I couldn't move or respond. It was scary as hell. Finally I managed to force myself to move so I could tell him I was awake, but when I turned around he wasn't there. Now, my dad is alive so it couldn't have been his ghost. But it had a lot of similarites to ghost stories I've heard in which people wake up, find themselves unable to move, hear sounds and even feel an invisible presence touching them.

What happens is, your eyes open so you're seeing enough of reality to think you're awake but your brain is still dreaming so it can add other stimuli.

That being said, I love the show Ghost Hunters on the Sci-Fi channel. :)

[Edited on 4-5-2006 by Garble]
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by idsunki »

Hey, I thought of a creepy experience I had once.

About a year ago, a friend and I had to go down to Wichita Falls (about an hour's drive or so from where I am, I think) to visit his friend about some stuff. On the way back, it was pretty late, pretty dark, etc. My friend is driving, and he's trying to find his way back to the highway. We're on a small road, and he finally decides that this isn't the way and he's going to turn around.

He starts to do a U-turn on the road (late at night, no one coming from either side), but the road is too small to complete it, so we end up perpendicular to the lanes on the road. I look up and notice that the headlights are illuminating an old graveyard with a bit of mist circling around it, which was a little creepy. Then my friend said in a slightly off voice, "We'll be right back," backed up/turned the car, then completed the turn and drove off.

He looked at me while he was driving because he noticed my silence and met an accusatory glare. I asked him why he did that, and he feigned ignorance. I told him not to screw around with me, that was creepy. Again, he didn't know what I was talking about. So I straight out asked him if he remembered saying that, and he didn't. He doesn't remember stopping for a moment during the turn, either. It's like those few seconds never happened for him.

As if that wasn't creepy enough for me, on the highway on the way back we kept going in and out of fog/mist on flat ground, which apparently doesn't happen often. Then, of course, he had to go and remind me that many cultures believe ghosts travel in the fog.

In conclusion, I've never been back to Wichita Falls since.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Hmmm... Some old guy told a story in radio one week from now.
There is an old house (owned by some company that had it for guest's)
Which has had some old drunk living in it and then die in it.
So he said that in that house some scary shit happened all the time. If you left some food on the table at night, in the morning the stuff was back in the fridge.
And if you had some alchohol in the fridge it was on the table.

You could feel somebody breathing to your neck but when you turned there was no one there. And you could here footsteps at night too.

So. Well the company had some visitors from U.S and they used the House.
Well, they went to bed and in the next morning they told that the house is haunted. So one of the U.S guest's takes some salt and throws it around the house. And after that, no haunting was experienced in the house.
Funny in supernatural they allways use the salt.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Garble
But it had a lot of similarites to ghost stories I've heard in which people wake up, find themselves unable to move, hear sounds and even feel an invisible presence touching them.

What happens is, your eyes open so you're seeing enough of reality to think you're awake but your brain is still dreaming so it can add other stimuli.
That's happened to me! I felt like I was awake (except for the not moving). Scariest dream ever. It never occurred to me that other people would think it was a ghost. Heh.

I don't believe in ghosts or spirits or any of that. Maybe there are places where there is something, but spirits of the dead? No. Subconscious noticing things that make it uneasy? Sure.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I haven't had anytime where I have seen stuff - but get odd scents...that I do get.

The last one was when I was laying in my room at night and all of a sudden I got the strongest scent of freesias - its a very distinctive smell, and one that has a lot of meaning for me - because its a scent I associate with my uncle (he's dead).

To me, the freesia thing is a way of him saying "howdy kid" to me...I was actually thinking about heaven at the time, and so to me - it was neat. To others, I may just be plain nuts, or have an over active imagination - but that's OK too...:D.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

First off, I totally agree with Garble that most of the time things are explainable by tricks of the mind, natural phenomena or sleep paralysis (and I love the ghost hunting plumbers too!). There are just too many things about the human mind that could cause a person to have a random, unexplainable experience. However, there’s a lot we don’t know about the mind and the world around us. Who is to say some people don’t tune into other planes of existence, or that maybe, maybe, maybe the dead really don’t simply cease to exist and can interact with the living on some level. Nobody knows for sure.

I’m always fascinated by the paranormal, and most everybody here knows I’m a newspaper reporter too. Last year for a Halloween story, I got to join a group of ghost hunters for an investigation and wrote a story about it.

Edited to post story.... I forgot it was so long!

It wasn’t a dark and stormy night when the ghost investigators descended on Weston last month, in fact it was sunny and sticky, but that didn’t make their night at the Main Street Galleria any less spooky.

Three members of Northwest Missouri Paranormal Research (NMPR), based in St. Joseph, came to the Galleria at the invitation of owner Verna Treese to see if they could catch first-hand some of the supernatural activity Treese has been experiencing for years at the antique shop.

The Galleria has stood on the corner of Main and Thomas streets for more than 100 years, serving much of that time as a drug store owned by the Hillix family. The family no longer owns the building, but some of them may still be hanging around long after their deaths.

Ever since she purchased the building and moved into the basement years ago, Treese has known she is not alone in the Galleria. While living in the basement, she encountered the building’s former owner – Beno Hillix. Beno would linger around Treese when she cooked Italian food, which was apparently one of his favorites. He would also occasionally touch her or make the smell of cigarette smoke fill the basement.

One ghost in the building was interesting, but then there was the top floor. Employees would occasionally find items moved or come upon a rocking chair rocking all by itself. Pictures hung on a certain wall will occasionally fly off, sometimes breaking the frame.

Treese has even heard this one speak to her.
“It was a woman’s voice, and she spoke to me when I was going downstairs one day,” she said.

Treese thinks this ghost may be Creola Hillix, wife of Beno.
The store is also home to Treese’s “guardian angel,” a Civil War captain named James McCarty. McCarty came to Treese when she purchased the desk he used during the war and has been with her ever since.

“He moves around with me,” she said. “And I know he’s around.”

The Captain’s desk has its own cubby hole behind the register, decorated with Civil War era items and a large painting of a scantily-clad mermaid.

“I originally had another painting there, but I couldn’t get it up there,” she said. “So I decided to try this one and it went right up. He likes women.”

Treese has lived with her ghosts for years, and over the years has been featured in magazines and on Larry Moore’s Halloween Ghost Stories for Kansas City Channel 9. She’s also had several paranormal investigators, including psychics visit the store.

“This is the first time I’ve had anyone like those guys here though,” she said.

Those guys are the guys of NMPR, a paranormal investigation group that takes its approach to the supernatural from The Atlantic Paranormal Society, the group featured on the television show “Ghost Hunters,” which airs on the Sci-Fi Channel. TAPS is known for its more scientific approach to ghost hunting, where they set up video cameras, take readings with gauss meters and infrared thermometers and walk around with voice recorders trying to catch words from the other side.

The members of NMPR start an investigation by interviewing the witnesses of the paranormal phenomena and researching the history of the location. They will then do a walk though to establish the areas of activity and take baseline readings of the temperature and electromagnetic fields in each area. Once readings are taken, the team sets up video cameras for remote surveillance and turns off the lights, both to eliminate electrical interference and to make the spirits feel more at home. While they record the area, they may walk though it, snapping photos, taking more readings to look for fluctuations and checking the general feel of the area.

They may also try to capture electronic voice phenomena (EVP). During an EVP session, the investigator turns on a voice recorder and asks questions of any ghost that may be nearby. Sometimes, upon playback, the recorder picks up unearthly voices that the investigator didn’t hear at the time the recording was made.

Roger Shultes of NMPR conducted the initial interview and walkthrough with Treese, and detected a couple areas with unusually high concentrations of electromagnetic fields. Also, during his first visit he discovered a cold spot on the stairs which followed him and Treese down the steps and to the front door.

Treese said she believes the Captain likes to frequent that area of the steps because she often displays tin plaques on the wall featuring pretty girls.

“One time I had a customer go upstairs and we heard a crash,” Treese said. “He called back down and said he was okay, but that the ghost didn’t like him. Later on he told us the item that hit him had flown off the wall of the stairwell and he knew it was intentional because of where it hit him.”

NMPR is led by Brycen Johnson, who arrived later in the evening to join the investigation. Johnson, Shultes and other members of the group experienced unexplained noises, unexpected power failures and other creepy activity during the investigation. In the basement, the smell of cigarette smoke appeared several times and one investigator claimed he felt a door push shut behind him. Shultes saw a shadowy figure walk across the room and start up the basement steps. On the top floor, several sets of brand new batteries died premature deaths in digital voice recorders, and investigators heard items sliding across shelves. All evening, tiny, odd things would happen. Things that individually were merely interesting became, as they accumulated, more than just coincidence.

At around 1 a.m., the team packed up their equipment and headed home to go over their findings.

Once the hours of footage, piles of photos and files of audio recordings had been checked, the group came up with only a few nuggets of possible activity. Johnson recorded a voice he believed sounded like a child, but couldn’t determine exactly what he was hearing. Ironically, the other possible proof turned up in the photos taken that night by the Citizen. Three photos taken in the basement have white blobs on them. The blobs may be nothing more than dust, but of the dozens of photos taken that evening, only those three have anything mysterious about them. The photos may be of “orbs” which some paranormal investigators believe are balls of energy that sometimes materialize in haunted places.

The possible orbs appeared in the photos in the same areas where batteries had failed earlier in the evening and where Shultes saw the walking shadow.

While the investigators certainly didn’t capture Casper walking across the room in broad daylight, they did experience enough to pique their interest and would like to visit the Galleria again.

“Just because we didn’t get much doesn’t mean nothing is there,” Shultes said. “Ghosts don’t perform when and where you want them to.”

Treese wasn’t surprised the NMPR team encountered at least a few odd things in her haunted store – after all, she’s been living with them for years. In fact, just a day after the team left, one of Treese’s employees reported Beno told her he didn’t like the mentholated, filtered cigarette Shultes had left in the basement for the spirit who in life was a heavy smoker.

[Edited on 9-5-2006 by Slarti]
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

We had people living in my basement last summer, and we were told that every morning at like 7:30. the whole apartment would smell like fresh coffee:eek which is odd, cause nobody in my house drinks coffee and I'm guessing they didn't either.. I'm convinced that a coffee-drinking resident died in that apartment before we moved in and has come to frighten people with his Columbian Beans of Vengeance :LOL
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by idsunki »

Speaking of tricks of the mind, I know of a story where the trick of the mind was ... ME!

A small bit of background - I'm an anglo-saxon white male with long (shoulder length at the time) brown hair with a sort of goatee thing going on. I'm having a normal day, just driving around from school to work. I get home that night and think nothing of the day. No deviations from the norm for me.

Or so I thought.

That weekend I was hanging with a friend of mine that couldn't wait to tell me some story or another. Apparently his mom had been driving around that same day and had wound up at a stoplight in front of me. Now, this woman is about four foot tall and a devout Catholic driving a fast little red car. She looked in her rear view mirror at me and her first thought was - "Jesus?!"

Yes, for about five seconds she thought that the Second Coming had, well, come, and she was going to be carted off to heaven with all the good little boys and girls of the world. When I saw her next, she just sort of laughed it off, but she never did look me straight in the eyes after that.
Chlorine
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Chlorine »

Originally posted by GarbleWhat happens is, your eyes open so you're seeing enough of reality to think you're awake but your brain is still dreaming so it can add other stimuli.[Edited on 4-5-2006 by Garble]
You're also talking about sleep paralysis. When you have REM sleep, you normally get temporary paralysis, because your motor neurons aren't being stimulated because of some certain neurotransmitters that are not released during REM, blah blah...Anyway, so sleep paralysis happens when your dream wakes you up, but your body doesn't respond yet, and you're stuck. Usually at this time there is a type of hallucination you get when you are just waking up or just falling asleep. This type of hallucination is most commonly very scary and realistic. You can get a sense that someone is holding you down, people get the feeling they are floating or falling, the fear is increased by not being able to move (the hallucinations can happen seperate from sleep paralysis). Have you noticed how when you have "falling" dreams, they usually happen just as you are going to sleep, or right before you wake up? That's the type of hallucination.

I'm not sure how I would define a ghost. I suppose that a ghost is energy that for some reason has not being transferred properly after death, and remains floating/bouncing/ghosting around in places rather than moving on to become something else. Like an echo. This explanation still doesn't make sense to me; maybe I could think of something better if I studied physics. But that is what I think for now, and I'm not sure fi I even believe in ghosts.

When I was eight we moved into a new house. The house was a piece of crap. There were cockroaches and there was gum and cat piss in the dark brown carpet, and there were cigarette burns all over the counters, and everything was dark and smelled bad. We spent weeks trying to wash the carpet and make the house better but nothing worked, so we gave up and let the house stink.

Whenever I was in the house alone I felt uncomfortable. At night, alone or not, I felt even worse, and could not stand having my bedroom door open. I hadn't been like that at our other houses. Nothing really weird ever happened to me, but whenever I was in the house, day or night, I felt upset.

Now we live in a different house. Recently my mom was telling me about the crappy one. We were talking about ghosts, and I said, "I always felt like that house was haunted or something." My mom then told me that whenever she had been alone in the kicthen, she had felt an angry old man walk past her. She said it would happen every day when I was at school. She didn't tell me because she didn't want me to be scared.

That's my ghost story. :nodyes
Twitch
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Twitch »

well i believe in ghosts, with my history i either believe that or believe i was insane a whole lot sooner then when it actually happened. (i'm better now though). though i don't really differenaite between the terms of spirit or ghost. to me the words are interchangable.

but my stories!

when i was first born and for about the first 2 years of my life i lived in a smal 3 bedroom house with my great grandmother, my maternal grandmother and grandfather, my mother and my aunt. (yes, very cozy!) but in 1987 both my great grandmother and grandfather passed on. i don't remember much about my great grandmother just the smell, white hair and big glasses. i remember my grandfather a bit better only because i remember particular instances with him. like when i tried following him outside and got lost in the tall (to me at least) grass and his very large hands reaching for me and picking me up. (my grandfather was a very large man btw. easliy over 6 feet and from photos i've seen of him musscuallry large all round). i also remember sitting on his lap and eating a pickle while my grandmother said that i would hate it. in anycase i remebered my grandfather pretty well for a 2 year old. and i what i remember most is being safe with him.

it would be a few years after his death that i would see him again though later my grandmother told me that she has seen him on a few occasions herself shortly after his death.

but i didn't see him again until i started elementary school. the kids didn't really like me much and i was an easy target being the poor kid in the hand-me-downs and the speech impediment. needless to say i didn't make many friends for a very long time there. most days i would walk around the school yard in this big continous loop hoping not to draw too much attention to myself so i wouldn't get beat up.

it was during my first year there that i started seeing my grandfather again. at first it was more of just a feeling that someone was there behind me but when i turned no one was there. then i started to get these familiar whiffs of what i can only really describe as "Pa smell". by the end of the year i would get glimpses of him pointing a certain direction when i would be running away from the other kids. i found that if i followed where he pointed i'd end up getting away from the other kids without ever getting caught.

when i told my grammy about it she said that he must be watching out for me and then asked if i knew the bullies names so she could call the school and have them reported. i never told my mom and still haven't, i don't know why.

by the end of my second year there not only was i able to see him at most recesses i could have some conversations with him too. he talked more with his expressions then he did with his voice but sometimes i'd hear him too.

by the end of my thrid year it was seldom i did not see him on the playground and he would talk much more, like i would talk to another person. i remember asking him why he didn't come home and why i only saw him on the playground. i don't remember his exact words now but i remember he looked very sad when replied. basically he couldn't go home cause grammy was sad and that he was too old for classes but not too old to play. or something like that.

my sense of his being there was pretty much the same as year 3 all through year 4.

he started to fade away a bit in grade 5. he wasn't there as often and he talked with his voice less and less. i don't remember being concerned at the time.

it was near the beginning of grade six that i heard his voice for the last time. he said he had to go and wasn't going to be coming back. that i could handle everything else on my own and that i was strong and a wilson. he said a few other things then too but i can't remember them all now. by that time too i also knew very well that other kids couldn't see him and it was not a good idea to talk about him with others other then grammy. i also knew that he was dead and that he wasn't coming back again. i remember being very sad that he wasn't going to be there with me like that anymore but understood enough. i remember smelling "Pa smell" a few times after that growing up, normally when i was frightened or felt isolated, but i never saw him again. that year i also made my first real friend and i think that maybe that was why Pa decided it was time to go.

now having read all that i'm sure you either agree with me or think i'm right bonkers. i just know it wasn't an imaginary friend. he was too real to be one. the smell and i know i heard him with my ears not in my head leads me to believe it was his ghost and not simply my imgination. but its perfectly ok not to believe me, i believe me and that's enough for me.

i've never had a ghost encounter quite so pronouced since then though i believe i have encountered other ghosts. mosttimes, yes, they probably could be explained away as overactive imgination or wishful thinking but there's probably some that were real too. in any case i believe in ghosts.

[Edited on 1/6/06 by Twitch]
'Death is God's way of telling you not to be such a wise guy.'
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

That's a pretty interesting story and considering I've never had the privilage of having such an experience, I can't really say whether or not it sounds realistic or not, but it's a intriguing encounter. I've heard (firsthand from a friend) how some family members may come back to send messages along, but it seems like younger children are always the object of a spirit's attention:LOL Twitch, are you still friends with the person you met the year your Grandpa stopped visiting you? I know I would've taken it as a sign and been that person's biffle (:shifty) for the rest of my life..
Twitch
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Twitch »

yes actually we still are. after i finish university we plan to move into together. but that's 5 years from now so i don't know if it'll happen but that's the plan.
'Death is God's way of telling you not to be such a wise guy.'
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Playing on YouTube earlier today, I found a gagillion “paranormal” videos. Those are always fun! I love how fake some of these are, and how people can get so worked up over nothing. People were really buying some of these.

Barton Mansion “demon”

Riding in Cars with Ghosts

Dude, DUST! Run!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by idsunki
Now, this woman is about four foot tall and a devout Catholic driving a fast little red car. She looked in her rear view mirror at me and her first thought was - "Jesus?!"
Luckily, I did not feel the same way when I saw you through the rear view mirror sitting in the back seat of my fast silver "sport wagon". It must have been the height difference.

Slarti - that last video is hilarious!

"Ah! I felt something! It was like a hand."
"Yeah, that was my hand."

Hahahaha.

-e
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

:shifty I got a story or two....

Me and MJ went too housesit for one of her relatives waaaaaaaaay out somewhere in the English countryside. It was a house in a row of old miners houses that was surrounded by fields - literally 8 houses in the middle of nowhere (and it was beutiful :)).

We kept hearing footsteps, like the sort a kid makes when she's borrowed her mum's stilletos too play fancy dress in. The dog would keep on playbowing randomly and would bark at empty air but we figured that she was just missing her humans :D

One morning I came downstairs to make me and MJ a cuppa. I wasn't very awake and there was a little girl sitting on one of the sofas in the front room and she waved too me. I started talking too her as I made the tea, not even wondering how she got in or anything, and MJ came downstairs as we were talking. She asked me who I was talking to and I looked at the girl - who wasn't there any more. Turns out I had been chatting too the ghost of a little girl who had lived in that row of houses.

--
Yeah, I belive in ghosts :D I've met quite a few and I don't bother trying too explain them away. Most of the ones I've seen and spoken too know they're gone, but for some reason or other they hang around, wether they're waiting for someone or they feel they haven't finished a job.

I've seen some things I can't explain with logic, like the electric dying when the bill's been paid and a candle flame being blown out when there's no windows open and I'm the only one there. It's scared the hell out of me a few times :D
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja Scumfish
Yeah, I belive in ghosts :D I've met quite a few and I don't bother trying too explain them away. Most of the ones I've seen and spoken too know they're gone, but for some reason or other they hang around, wether they're waiting for someone or they feel they haven't finished a job.

I've seen some things I can't explain with logic, like the electric dying when the bill's been paid and a candle flame being blown out when there's no windows open and I'm the only one there. It's scared the hell out of me a few times :D
You man, you have the gift.
Start working as the paranormal investigator.
Thats what im going to do, if i dont get good papers from my studies.