What the hell's the matter with April?

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Saw an interesting story on CNN. I guess I never realized these events were on the same day/within days of each other.

Also, this means tomorrow and Wednesday marks the anniversary of Waco, the Oklahoma City bombing and the Columbine High School shootings. Yikes. I remember where I was for all of them. We watched Waco unfold on television in high school and I thanked heavens I was out of school before the entire culture of high school changed after Columbine. And I remember getting the chills when it came out that McVeigh had considered bombing the federal building here in Kansas City instead.

What is it about mid-April and violence in America?

[Edited on 19-4-2011 by Slarti]

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 » Sun May 29, 2011 3:55 pm

I also want to point out April 4, 1968. I don't think it's limited to Mid April.
The '92 LA Riots? & the Rodney King afermath?

It's weird, I'll admit, how much of it happens in April, but I can't help but feel we're missing a major, violent, event that happened in something like September or whatever.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS