ship full of Africans sunk off coast Libya

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

More than 200 African migrants are feared dead after their boat sank off the coast of Libya, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) says.

200, that's more than the friggin' Herald of Free Enterprise. Remember that? Was a hot item on the news for years.

But there will no official inquiries for these men, women and children, who will remain nameless and will soon be forgotten.
Some will doubtlessly say that they brought it on themselves, being illegal immigrants taking big risks with rotten boats.
Me, I just get angry when I read stuff like this.
So I just vent it here. Sorry!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

I bet hundred bucks they don't even mention that around here.
A shame really.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

This brings to mind one of my favorite Woody Guthrie songs, "Deportee."

The whole world needs some real immigration reform. Countries that are bleeding people should address the reasons people want to leave, and destination countries need to make legal immigration and asylum easier for those who need it.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Angelique wrote:Countries that are bleeding people should address the reasons people want to leave, and destination countries need to make legal immigration and asylum easier for those who need it.
Yeah, they should and they need, but they can't.

For example a country like Sudan (with Darfur) doing something like that, sounds just out right ridicilous.

It's not that easy to just make legal immigration easier either. The immigration thing is apparently already quite a problem in Southern Europe as it is already.

My opinion for the whole matter solving is that: With the current state of things, it's just impossible, wether it was Europe or African countries.

To be able to stop the immigration problem and almost all the shit they are doing, best way would be for you to invent a time machine. Then go back to the late 19th century and stop the colonization of Africa stopping the border divide done by the Europeans and that already would stabilize quite a lot.