heaven

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
sovietxzion
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Boy Cereal

heaven

Post by sovietxzion »

if you believe there is an heaven, what would your own personal heaven be?
"Itchy, Rusty, Wretched, my ARSE!"- Jetfire

"I'm not gonna stick it in freja and make her see god, i leave that to the Pros... AKA freak"

"If sex is evil, I comitted a whole lot of evil last night."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

heaven

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'd relive my life as I already have over and over, aware of this, and continually making changes until I perfect it. And if I messed it up worse, no suicide, I'd just wait it out. My life is not perfect, but the idea of anything else isn't blissful enough. I love my girlfriend, my friends, my family, and though the world irritates the heck out of me on most days, I would never step on it and say it was never worth it.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

heaven

Post by Saint Kurt »

That's so Buddhist!

And also so ... Groundhog Day. ;)

Surprisingly, I don't think of what Heaven might be like very often because I'm pretty well positive I ain't gonna end up there! :D (I don't think about Hell very much either though to be honest. I figure I'm going to find out what that's like sooner or later so ... no sense in getting all worked up about it now.)

I'll have to get back on the heaven thing. I think it would something like ... snowboarding and the circus and ... church except, the divine presence would be ... everywhere. Plus all my old friends that have died. There would be good music of course... And my dog Heywood. It's no fun snowboarding without him. Also, there would be no lifts because the vertical is endless and it would always be fresh powder. And I'd totally intercess on the behalf of those in need. Like, all the time. Oh, and I wouldn't be crippled. Yeah. That sounds pretty good. I'll let you know if I think of anything else, but I'd be pretty happy with that right there.

-e
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

heaven

Post by steyn »

two words:

Lucid Dream

yeah, that's how I imagine my heaven
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

heaven

Post by Elfdame »

Sittin' on Jesus' lap. Basking in pure love.

And having a 26-inch waist. Not that it's necessary, but, y'know, wouldn't hurt to ask ...
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

heaven

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I see it as a place to reflect on past lives and be with loved ones and to learn and explore and yeah...just bask in that joy and love and peace of being where our soul knows. And for me, I believe its where we discuss and see if we'd like to live another life to learn more from the trials and tribulations of this world that we live on.

See, it's not that I totally don't believe in hell. I just believe this is hell. But you can't learn the things your soul needs to learn to bring it to a higher awareness in a place like heaven that is so warm and beautiful and glorious...you need to stick your butt in the fires of earth. With pain comes growth. The more pain you're in during a lifetime - well that to me just means you wanted to do a whole lotta growing this lifetime and were very ambitious.

So yeah, I believe in heaven, and I believe it's a pretty nice place, and yeah, I look forward to going there when the time comes. I believe that you just have to be a good person to get there.

Cool little discussion people. Neat to see the differing beliefs.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

heaven

Post by Scumfish »

You know, that's a pretty Wiccan belief there Paws :) I was going to write something along those lines but you beat me to it.

My idea of Heaven is being sent out into the world again to keep on learning. There's so much I don't know yet, so many more mistakes I can learn from that if I was to go to what we class as a final rest now I wouldn't feel complete. There's just....so much more in the world that each life is its own adventure.

Even when I'm given that final choice between staying and resting or going out onto the Wheel again I'll probably choose to have another life - either to carry on learning or to teach others.

Short of that, my idea of Heaven as a place would have to be a library that has every single book ever written, ever thought of, and that will be ever written, with every single piece of information. A library of the Universe, kinda. Oh, and a never-ending supply of art stuff. Can't be heaven unless I can draw it.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

heaven

Post by Angelique »

I don't believe that Heaven is an end to the learning. It's simply existing in perfect happiness, purified of anything that would make us or others less than happy.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

heaven

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I believe in the Christian heaven. Look it up :) lol

Basically, you spend eternity in praise and basking in his love.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

heaven

Post by Garble »

I'd like to travel through time and space experiencing the entire universe, witnessing history while being able to look inside the minds of others, watching molecules collide to trigger the birth of stars... Basically the "The Universe: Special Edition DVD set with an eternity of making-of documentaries and audio commentaries."