Wow...pure balls....

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Wow...pure balls....

Post by german_gremlin »

I just read where a dispatcher for 911 said (after a call was done and disconnected) to a female who had to call twice about the threat about her boyfriend," I really don't give a s--- about what happens to you."
All I have to say to that is..wow... Really?? This women could have been raped, tortured, and/or killed and you don't give a crap?!!! You sir are the lowest of them all. I hope you can't sleep or eat for the rest of your life. I may not be the perfect kind of person (I do get mad at stupid people..I should be better than that) but a person called you out of fear and hope.....man. And I know she hung up but....really? I mean you got in this business for what then?

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/911-operat ... 3709990001
"Hand over your beautiful venches, Captain Eagle...or face the wrath of the Dread Pirate Bluetail!"
Nightcrawler: "...I'm fine ...why are the gypsies dancing the lambada --?" #UXM 366
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Wow...pure balls....

Post by Angelique »

Wow. Just... wow.

I don't even talk like that after getting off the phone with an obnoxious person who's threatened my life, and he talks that way about a domestic violence victim?

I mean, I get that 911 dispatchers have to handle the worst phone calls ever. I've passed the tests for that job. But there's zero excuse for taking it out like that on someone in real need of help.

[Edited on 16/5/2008 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Wow...pure balls....

Post by steyn »

good thing he was only a trainee. I think it says so in the article....too lazy to go look for it again.
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Wow...pure balls....

Post by german_gremlin »

It's pretty sad how people treat each other these days. I use to work at Wal-Mart and I was a Customer Service Manager and had to sometimes run the Return Desk. The customers who come up there were absolutely horrible. They would cuss and scream like I especailly (I may have spelled that wrong...sorry) ruined their merchandise and didn't try to help. After each return I wanted to do the same thing back to them, but I don't because I'm a better person than that and I knew how it felt to take the verbal beating. I can't even imagine how this poor women felt after knowing this inconsiderate man said those terrible words.
"Hand over your beautiful venches, Captain Eagle...or face the wrath of the Dread Pirate Bluetail!"
Nightcrawler: "...I'm fine ...why are the gypsies dancing the lambada --?" #UXM 366
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Wow...pure balls....

Post by steyn »

I thought he said it after she hung up. She didn't hear that.
After Jones hangs up, he says, "I really just don't give a s--- what happens to you."
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Wow...pure balls....

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

All you can really do about any of it is be as nice of a person as you can be to make up for the asshats.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Wow...pure balls....

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Well, that was shit.
And as said before, he was a trainee.
Also he said the words after the woman hung up, so fortunately no damage done. Except now of course.
Originally posted by german_gremlin
It's pretty sad how people treat each other these days.
I'm sorry but, I don't understand that part.

What do you mean by saying "these days"? It's not like people were treaten better 10, 100, 1000 or even 10000 years ago.

No offence though, a lot of people say that.
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Wow...pure balls....

Post by german_gremlin »

I know what you mean though...It's true. People in any time anywhere can be cruel little pricks. However, if you take the time to look around you'll find gold in unspected places. For example: here. I never in a million years did I think to make so many friends here and feel welcomed they way you all have made me feel. Good stuff...good stuff.

I also heard from my twin today that somewhere else that some dispatcher fell asleep during a call..geez.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Wow...pure balls....

Post by Angelique »

Well, those twelve hour shifts can get a little tiring.

As for people treating anyone better or worse, I daresay because fewer people are willing to "judge" bad behavior, more people think they're being perfectly polite or at least that their behavior is justified when they curse, belittle, accuse, or even threaten someone who is in no position to hurt them.

What's appalling about this particular case is that the trainee had a job that depends a whole lot on caring enough about people in emergency situations to listen and help. What's the good in calling an emergency dispatcher who doesn't give a rat's rear what happens to you?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven