Text Book Bias

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Text Book Bias

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Oh I so called this book out on this back in my high school days and NO-ONE listened to me! (Provided it's the same book...I'm pretty sure it is.)
I always said that this book has an incredible conservative bias and everyone was always "Oh Ty, you're so silly, of course it doesn't, it's a TEXT book."

wofjarwiugh

Ignorance is so bad these days. :
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Text Book Bias

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Your link is wonky bman... :)
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Text Book Bias

Post by JSherlock »

No link! :(
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Text Book Bias

Post by wingyding »

he put an extra http// in there. Just cut that out and the link works.

And yeah, I had that book just last semester for my American government class. It's incredibly skewed to the conservative side, though I had no issue with that s my teacher barely used it and never took a defined slant on the information presented to us. He aimed to teach us how the government worked, and how that differed from how it was supposed to work, as envisioned by the drafters. ((good professor, if a bit boring))

On the subject of the global warming in the book, I really think hat ought not have a place at all in an political science book, as it has jack to do with political science, or even any definitive impact on the course as a whole. ((But for the record, I do think it was retarded to give a man the nobel peace prize for compiling information on something already in the public knowledge. Yes, global warming is happening, and yes, it MAY be influenced by our past overuse of greenhouse gases. But if we look at the climate cycles of the earth, it goes from frozen wasteland to tropical planet. We're only just now coming out of the last ice age, and things are going to change. we know this, stop running around like chickens with your heads cut off, scientists!))
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.