Trouble logging out

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Trouble logging out

Post by Rowena »

Hi! I'm having trouble logging out. It started about a month ago, just after I was made a moderator. I hit logout, and it says I'm still logged in. When I close out and then come back it says I'm logged out, but my name is still in the active users box. I've brought this up before, but I figured I should put my question here. Is there a way to fix this?
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

Trouble logging out

Post by Technical Administrator »

This problem cropped up due to the former integration of the forums and the gallery. Hopefully, they are now re-integrated and you should be able to log out properly.

If not, click Gallery, and then click Logout [Rowena]. Logging in and logging out should then be successful (try that only if the forum's link does not work).

Thank you,
-Technical Administrator
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Trouble logging out

Post by Rowena »

I tried that, and I'm still logged in. I was wondering...my name's spelled wrong on the Not-Crawler Art section (it says Rewena). Could that be related to why I can't log out?
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Trouble logging out

No. The only other thing you can do is clear your cookies, which will nuke your login. Do you need instructions for your browser?

Thank you,
-Technical Administrator
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Trouble logging out

Post by Rowena »

Clearing my cookies was the first thing I tried. The first time this happened, I cleared the cookies and all the private data on my computer, my dad's computer, and our family's laptop, and I did it again four times after that. But I still can't log out anywhere, in Explorer or Firefox, at home or at school. So, I've stopped logging in at school. Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks for your suggestions!
~The Doctor, Survival

~The Doctor, Robot

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Trouble logging out

If you cleared your cookies, then you're logged out; there's no way to maintain your session on this forum without cookies. So the only other possibility is caching.

Thank you,
-Technical Administrator