We were invaded in chat today!

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

To the Tech Administrator, Saint_Kurt or anybody...two wise alecks calling themselves A**Clops and Shadowa** invaded the chatroom while Angelique and I were talking today at 4:20 MST! They insulted Angelique and used extreme profanity! Are we being broken into? What is going on? They were not forum members, and were extremely offensive to my friend and fellow forum member! We have been having problems with chat...are we being hacked????

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

Post by Technical Administrator »

StarChild, we have not been hacked. The downtime earlier today was caused to an error on our part or on the server's. I can not comment on what to do about these chat members; that's a job for a chat moderator or administrator.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Mods are there to make sure that any absolutely disrespectful people are removed. I saw more some people having fun with other people. If it really becomes a problem, we'll take action.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

Post by Technical Administrator »

As this is no longer a technical issue and is not a moderation issue, it has been closed.

Thank you,

-Northstar
Technical Administrator
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Starchild, I re-opened this becuase i want to make a few points which you don't appear to be clear on.

Chat is completely separate from the forum, you do not need to be a member of the forum to register for chat. This is how it's always been, and there have always been people who prefer to chat and not post on the forums.

Swearing is allowed, both on the forums and in chat, just as long as it's not used to insult (ie: 'you're a fucking moron' is not allowed 'that's fucking crazy' is perfectly okay).

We tolerate much more in chat than we would in the forums.

In short, from what i have been able to gather about the incident, no rules were broken.