Time Problems

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Time Problems

Post by Wolvertique »

Central Time is no longer Central Time on here. When I had my profile set for it, it was 3/14/04 at 4:38 pm. It was showing my time was 3/15/04 at 12:38 am. Is this happening to anyone else? So far, by setting my profile time to one way outside my time zone, I can get it to only two hours ahead of "real time," but nothing else. What can I do?
Mystique: "How would you like to come see some really awful black velvet paintings of bullfighters?"
Wolverine: "What, no etchings?"
Mystique: "Just bullfighters...that's all they have on my motel room wall."
--Wolverine #51, "The Crunch Conundrum"

"Scott, everybody knows J-P would slap us all silly and make us little French speaking clones of him if he could." -- Bobby Drake
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Time Problems

Post by Bamfette »

it's an issue witht he server clock, and we can't do anything about it. sorry. :\
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Time Problems

Post by Wolvertique »

Okay. At least I'm not crazy for thinking the time's off.
Mystique: "How would you like to come see some really awful black velvet paintings of bullfighters?"
Wolverine: "What, no etchings?"
Mystique: "Just bullfighters...that's all they have on my motel room wall."
--Wolverine #51, "The Crunch Conundrum"

"Scott, everybody knows J-P would slap us all silly and make us little French speaking clones of him if he could." -- Bobby Drake
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Time Problems

Post by sevati »

Yeah, server clock is about 8 hours off.

I set my control panel profile clock from -5 hours Eastern to -12 Eniwetok, Kwajalein. The clock is still an hour ahead, but it cuts down on my confusion somewhat.

Is there a way for you ~ meaning Jill, Bunny, other mod Codemonkeys ;) ~ to add more Time Zones in the negative hours? Up to -20?
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Time Problems

Post by Bamfette »

turns out there was actually something in the forum control panel that allowed us to crank back the time. we just never knew it was there before, since we never had call to use it... :p
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Time Problems

Post by sevati »

I don't know Jill. I just set my profile back to -5 Eastern, and it showing up as 2:27pm instead of 1:27pm.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Time Problems

Post by Maelstrom »

It's an annoyance, but not worth fretting over. For some reason the clock seems to be an hour fast. Maybe it's trying to compensate for daylight savings time early. ;) I just set it to Alaska instead of Pacific time, and it's working fine for me.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

What's happening to my posts?!

Post by Mistress D »

What's goin' on? Whenever I try and post a reply, my post ends up about three posts behind! Okay, let me try and explain in a little better. Let's say that there were four posts in one thread. I post a reply. But instead of being number five, and being on the bottom, it moves up and becomes number two! What's up with that, yo? :? :? :?
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Time Problems

Post by sevati »

The server clock is broken yet again. So if I make a post at say 2pm my time, the server clock thinks I'm responding at 7am and puts my post accordingly in the thread above whatever was posting after 7am. This clockbreak must have happened pretty recent, only a few hours ago.

So, there's a 8 hour difference in times. Your posts will show up as being 8 hours before what a clock in your bedroom will say until the clock is fixed.

Hopefully the posts will move down the thread when the Administrators fix the clock, but I'm not sure if it's a sure bet or not.
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Time Problems

Post by bluefooted »

I seem to be having the same problem - didn't know the server clock could cause that though :?
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Time Problems

Post by Panz »

I don't know if it's important, but the time in the Nightcrawler forum is wrong.

Just being nit-picky :P
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Time Problems

Post by Mistress D »

Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me, sevati. :)

P.S. Love your new avatar. :LOL
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Time Problems

Post by Bamf Bunny »

In brief:

We can change the timezone on the server clock, but not the clock setting itself. The time on the posts is based on the server clock setting (adjusted for time zone), plus an adjustment configured by the admins, and then displayed in whatever you have your local timezone set to.

Recently our friendly neighborhood service providers changed the clock. So our adjustment was no longer accurate, and later posts had earlier timestamps than some of the posts that had come before them.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Time Problems

Post by Garble »

That's just great. We're all set up at a brand new server and right away, they screw up the whole space-time continuum.

And that's one of my favorite continuums, too!

Any idea/news/estimates on when it can be fixed?
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Time Problems

Post by sevati »

Already being discussed here Panz: viewthread.php?tid=3992 and I think it's been sorta fixed.

The time in chat seems to be off too?