Hard questions

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
thewildeman
Lubber
Lubber

Hard questions

Post by thewildeman »

I have some very hard questions here to ask. I do realize what has happened in the boards going down and I know there were some changes and deletions. I just wonder why every post I made before the crash was deleted. I say that because posts from after I made my posts were still there. No one has contacted me to warn me of misconduct or inform me in any way of any rules I might be breaking. Now, I am pretty computer stupid, so all the techno jargin on bandwidth, graphics, and everything else that goes into running a site, escape me. I apparently managed to get a link wrong and got accused of stealing bandwidth. I have deleted all links that I have everywhere at this point and don't plan on doing anymore for a long time. I am not happy about being in such a position as I would never commit such an act if I understood it to be illegal. I followed advice from others on "how to" and got into a mess that I didn't understand. So I want to know if the deletion was something retaliatory against my percieved actions or what ever, and I want to let you know, that there is a serious butt kicking coming to a few people that you may or may not know. I don't like being tricked and I'm not going to mention any names. I will simply deal with them myself. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go find someone that I can TRUST to show me how to do links and images so that I don't wind up in an embarrassing or illegal situation. As for anyone that I MIGHT be talking about who MIGHT be reading this, even though you might NOT be a member, you better hope you have a spotless record, because I work in law enforcement, I am going to find out all I can about internet laws and YOU and then I am coming for you. Your life is about to really suck. Apologies where they are due, thanks.
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Hard questions

Post by Mad With Power »

I think I speak for everyone when I say:

Huh?

The boards went down. We had to go back to an older backup. So a period of everyone's posts got lost. Calm yo'self.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Hard questions

Post by Tatu »

Um.. dude.. what the hell?

Well all lost posts, hell I lost user names because of the late backup..

if you're linking to images from another site, its called "Bandwidth Theft", its illegal, heres a link all about it.

http://www.phenomenalwomen.com/donteventhinkaboutit/
Call me King!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Hard questions

Post by kurtlover »

Nobody deleted anything, some of the newest information around the board couldn't be saved, because it was no time to do a latest back up, so that means the newest members, the newest threads, and everything that was new got deleted in the process, nobody did it on purpose, it was just a technical question.
My newest posts got deleted, a friend who just register before this had to register again.
That was it, nothing else happened.

I don't know what happened with you and that bandwith problem of yours but here nobody has tried to warn you or something symilar.

So i will aprecciate if you calm down a bit, because here, nobody has tried to do something bad about you.

And even if we use warnings, and temporary bannings as control methods to mantain the calm in this board, is nothing personal against anybody, its just part of the staff's duties here.
thewildeman
Lubber
Lubber

Hard questions

Post by thewildeman »

Someone gave me bad information (granted I shouldn't trust) that put me in a position that is Illegal. On that, I will NOT calm myself, sorry.

On the rest, I am not making an accusation here, I am asking a hard question because I needed to know the full extent of where I stand. I have every right to ask such a question. Since my bottom line question on that could be reduced to one sentence, the short answer for anyone else would have simply been "No".

If I would have gotten a warning I would not be posting this question here now. I hopefully can now assume that you do not take such actions without letting someone know first (to some degree).

As for my calming down. Relax, at least I'm not mad at YOU. I hope this is cleared up now.
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Hard questions

Post by Mad With Power »

Originally posted by thewildeman
Relax, at least I'm not mad at YOU.
We're so relieved. I, for one, was shaking in my fashionable little booties.

Honestly.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Hard questions

Post by kurtlover »

Honestly i am not sure what are you talking about, if you liked to your site or someone else's site images directly from links to the board..i'm sorry but its not allowed, if its not that then you are talking about something else..then forget what i just said.

But i repeat, nobody here has tried to warn you or to delete your posts, they got deleted because the site went down.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Hard questions

Post by Slarti »

You will calm yourself. Threats are something we WILL NOT tolerate and this IS a threat:

"As for anyone that I MIGHT be talking about who MIGHT be reading this, even though you might NOT be a member, you better hope you have a spotless record, because I work in law enforcement, I am going to find out all I can about internet laws and YOU and then I am coming for you. Your life is about to really suck."

If there was a misunderstanding, fine, figure it out. BUT. You do NOT use this forum to threaten others in ANY way.

Is that clear?
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Hard questions

Post by sevati »

Wildeman, don' t you work for animal control or the SPCA? I mean, that's nowhere near the level of police or the FBI... and they're the ones who take care of online threats like the one you just made against this forum.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Hard questions

Post by Slarti »

Okay, suffice it to say, Wildeman, no one is out to get you, but this forum shall not be used to threaten others, or for others to comment on your behavior.

I'm closing it now. Any further problems, Wildeman, you need to bring up to me or the administration.

Thanks.