U2U Problems

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

U2U Problems

Post by taekwondodo »

Don't know if it's my computer or the site, so I figured I'd check here first. The last 2x I've tried to access my U2U it's frozen my computer - as in can't make any internet function work. I've had to ctrl/alt/del and do end program on Nightscrawlers and then log back onto the internet. Any thoughts?
jimmy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

U2U Problems

Post by jimmy »

that never happend to me...i dont know mabey its your computer:?:?:?:?
sorry i wish i could help

jimmy :jubilee
:respecttoad nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nickelodeon :D yeah! The First Kids Network :thumbup
And Now you know, 'cause its Mikes Super Short Show!
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

U2U Problems

Post by sevati »

Just off the top of my head, I think it's possible that your computer doesn't like popup windows. Copy and paste this link into your current window (DON'T click on it, a new window will pop up. Stupid BB code)

u2u.php
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

U2U Problems

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by taekwondodo
Don't know if it's my computer or the site, so I figured I'd check here first. The last 2x I've tried to access my U2U it's frozen my computer - as in can't make any internet function work. I've had to ctrl/alt/del and do end program on Nightscrawlers and then log back onto the internet. Any thoughts?
You didn't say what browser or operating system you're using, although it's apparently some flavor of Windows, so I'll assume you're also using IE.

Try clearing your browser's cache first of all. Start | Settings | Control Panel | Internet Options | General tab, then, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click the "Delete Files" button.

Corrupted files in the cache can cause all sorts of browser misbehavior, so this is should be a safe place to start.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Ummmm....U2U is not working

Post by Panz »

I tried everything on my end I could think of and no go....HELP????
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

U2U Problems

Post by sevati »

Panz, I just tried u2u-ing you. It seems to have worked from my end. If you've got too many u2u's saved in your inbox and outbox, I don't think it will let you send anymore until you delete some.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

U2U disabled?

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I just tried to send a u2u and got a syntax error notice.

Has anyone else encountered a problem with the u2u.? It was working just a few days ago.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

U2U Problems

Post by Bamfette »

yes, one of our hacks is interferring with it, i am tying to find out how to fix it.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

U2U Problems

Post by Northstars Love »

hmm...which hack Jill? I also noticed that it is giving a false number of U2U's in the folder box. It said I had 0 Inbox and 0 Outbox when I clearly had 6 Inbox and 5 Outbox. I had a total of 11 out of a max of 20. :scratch
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Still Not able to send U2U's

Sorry for the second post guys but we're still not able to send U2U's. I wanted to send C a U2U if he received a package I sent him but it still has the error. :/
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

SQL error with U2U

Post by Panz »

I'm getting a pop up that says that there is an SQL error when I try to send a new u2u. :?
Panz

Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

U2U Problems

Panz,

The error is caused by the Member's Approval hack Jill and C installed.

viewthread.php?tid=4471

sorry. I've been wanting to send you a u2u to welcome you to the X Dream. And since I never see you in chat.... :(
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

U2U Problems

Post by Panz »

Thanks for both the clue-up about the u2u problem and the invite. :)
I have been really depressed for a while now and haven't felt like whining and being gloomy at everybody, so I don't go to chat much.
Panz

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

U2U Problems

Post by Bamfette »

well, it MAY be the member approval hack, ost likely is..... but it also may be the warning hack. either way, i don't know how to fix it. i am waiting for them to make those hacks more compatable with the newest forum version, then will re upload un hacked files, and do it all again from scratch. this depends on THEM, though, so i can't say when.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

U2U Problems

Post by Panz »

Tis fine, 'fette...I thought it was my tech jinx acting up again :smirk
Panz

luvnightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

My computer or the site??

Post by luvnightcrawler »

I know this has bee n mentioned before, but whenever i try to send a u2u or acess anything besides the forums, i get this message---

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE cid='1'' at line 1

Please help me out. Is it just the site or is my computer screwed up??:?:?
:pokeThe Realm of the Stripey Pants :poke

I apologize for any spelling mistakes. It's kinda hard to type in a straight jacket......
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

U2U Problems

Post by HoodedMan »

I'll leave it to the admins for specifics, but suffice it to say that it's the site. Specifically, it's the forum software.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

U2U Problems

Post by kurtlover »

Sometimes the data base has problems, i am not good explaining tecnical stuff but its like it has been hiccuping and lost data in the process or it resets.. that's why it happens.
No.. i doubt it could be your computer :smirk
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

U2U Problems

Post by Bamfette »

actually, while the server does have frequent hiccups and unannonced re-boots (whch screws us up when our host does that) the U2U and gallery not working are two separate problems that have noting at all to do with the server/database, it ahs to do with out of date or mixed up coding. u2u - i installed 'hacks' to help with other areas of the site, specifically a warning system and the ability to approve member accounts before they can post. something conflicted, and it broke the u2u's. i haven't fixed it, and it probably will not be fixed for some time, as i would have to either undo the hacks, or install the forum fresh and reapply other hacks. neither of which i want to do unless something is more pressing. sorry. its a very time consuming process and not something i will do on a whim, especially if it means giving up features we as site administrartors and moderators would very much like to keep.

the gallery - the gallery itself is again one giant 'hack' of the forum software, it is an addon, and not normally a part of a forum like this. it is incredibly complex and was designed by someone else, he distributed the code for it freely. we installed it and ran it with XMB 1.8. Later, due to security holes, we upgraded to 1.9, but the guy who had designed the image gallery hack had moved on to other things in his life, and never upgraded the hack to work with 1.9. there are people who say they are trying to get the upgrade to work with 1.9 but nothing has come of those efforts so far, and the hack remains out of date, and the gallery broken.