Re: Movie Crawler and X2

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Am I the only one who now sees a great big nothing in this forum? The forum exists, but there is nothing there - says it's never been posted in. Hope it's just something about my computer that is currently ticking off the board and not an actual problem....
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Well, Unfortunately, it's not just your computer TKD. Somehow all the entries on that entire section of the forum have been deleted. I hope there are fairly recent backups somewhere.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

yeah the movie forum's entry in the MySQL database became corrupt, and it caused Nightscrawlers as a whole to shut down. in order to get the site back up, that sub-forum was deleted. we can restore posts to it, but our most recent backup is a month old, and all posts in all OTHER forums would be taken back by a month, as well. so we have to start from scratch in there.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

So all the older threads are long gone?

Oh, well, I suppose that opens up some space to reopen my theory about Mags and Mystique...mwahaha. :devil

But...now I have to restart the Alan Cumming Thread. *sigh*

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

we lost the alan cumming thread????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*curls up in the corner and rocks back and forth*
Happy place..... Happy place..... happy place....
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
spinifex
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by spinifex »

"Find a happy place, find a happy place, FIND A HAPPY PLACE!"

Just like when the board was corrupted before, some threads might be able to be rescued by searching for Google caches.

C-ko
"When are you people going to learn? It's not about right or wrong – it's a question of faith. It doesn't matter what you believe in – just that you believe. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains gotta wake up!" -Dogma-
spinifex
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by spinifex »

A thought.

Would the admins be interested in moving the board to a place like ezboard? I help admin a board there (Seattle Gothic), and in the 2+ years we've been there, there's been no technical problems with our forum. It also might cost less overall, as there's a way for members to contribute. There wouldn't be any space for file archives, but they could be kept here, and a link back to them from the forum.

I just thought I'd throw that out. ezboard is at http://www.ezboard.com

C-ko
"When are you people going to learn? It's not about right or wrong – it's a question of faith. It doesn't matter what you believe in – just that you believe. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains gotta wake up!" -Dogma-
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

uh, thanks for the suggestion, but.... no. we moved this forum FROM a service very much like EZboard because we needed to expand. at EZboard we could not have our image gallery, our chat, the doodle board, etc. we are more than a forum. this kind of problem is very very rare, it was a freak occurance, and believe me, ezboard could have one just like it. their forum works in basically the exact same way ours does, and they are just as prone to freak MySQL errors. but their technical support is there to get it up and running faster (as it was the forum was only down for like 20 minutes). except we have absolute control over everything here.

'sides, since we use the webspace to host 5 domains, really, it is probably cheaper to keep it here. the webspace is the big cost, and it is being used for other things, and we'd still need to pay for it to keep those sites running.

the board has never been corrupted before. it was HACKED before. someone hacked into our server and deleted our database (along with dozens of other sites). then, we hadn't done a backup in like 4 months. now we do one monthly... at the beginning of the month. :

... actually, there is one thing i have not tried. hang on.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

allright, the posts are still in the database, just the entry for the forum itself was deleted. i think i can restore them with a bit of creative maneuvering... *fingers crossed*
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

ta-daaaaa!!!: http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24

you may all bow before your queen :p

now in the new forum, i was gonna move the posts, but they are jsut reposts. you all wouldn't be crushed if i jsut deleted everything in there?
sapphirescimitar
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by sapphirescimitar »

Originally posted by Bamfette
ta-daaaaa!!!: http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24

now in the new forum, i was gonna move the posts, but they are jsut reposts. you all wouldn't be crushed if i jsut deleted everything in there?
You rock, Jill! *bows* :kiss Movie Crawler and X2 has been ressurrected! :D
Cocnuts.
spinifex
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by spinifex »

Jill,

Fair enough. I don't know the history of this place, so I thought I'd just suggest it.

C-ko
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Jill is my hero.

This means I don't have to go searching thru piles of google caches to repost. Yay!
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by Bamfette

Be my guest, O our queen.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Way to go Jill!! :clap :clap :clap

The Smilie Queen rocks!

Absolutely no probs with deleting the reposts. just glad to have the forum back.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

ALL HAIL JILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

*kneels before Zord- err.... - Jill* Hurrah! And the ACT was saved! :bow :bow

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.