Caption Contest go bye bye?

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Where'd the caption contest go? Like how come there's no new ones to do it with.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

The image gallery is still sorta-broken from the hack. I think Bamfette said it was on hiatus until further notice.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

The caption contest was one of my favorite parts of Nightscrawlers. I used to go there a lot before I decided to start posting here. I hope it can be revived somehow.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

it's not the hack, it's that when we upgraded to 1.8, the image gallery was no longer compatable. it is still technically possible to add picures but it is hard and very time consuming, i simply don't have the time. before all you had to do was have the image on your hard drive and it would upload it and automaticay generate a thumbnail. now, you have to create a thumbnail, upload that and the image via FTP to a directory on the site, then link to both images manually. so yeah it is possible, i just can't be bothered to go through that, ontop of adding the captions, creating the polls, and finding images once a week....

and this last one... SO MANY people have entered, i really just don't know how we could possibly choose a winner. there are far too many entries to create a poll.