User Ranks?

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
DarkCrawler
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

User Ranks?

Post by DarkCrawler »

The topic says it all. I dont know what is custom status.:?
You can kill me, but-I-will-come-BACK!!!
:evil

I´m more than what you see, much more!:ultimate

A Model Family:
:wan-kurt :abyss :azazel :mystique :rogue :nocturne

I am the one that hiddens in your deepest thoughts...the one that you fear most...the one that you cant win, lost or banquish...and when you dont expect it...I will come to get you.:eeevil

"You're resourceful, Widow ... I'll give you that ... but there's no one alive as resourceful as Bullseye! No one!" (Bullseye in DareDevil 160)
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

User Ranks?

Post by sevati »

'Custom status' is a special name that Admins and Moderators get to have because they're so damn spiffy. :evil It's like an extra little description of their personality, and its shown directly under their names in posts. Plain users like you and me get to have our user-rank in that little area instead. If you have yet to see it, here is a chart of user ranks: faq.php?page=misc#3
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
DarkCrawler
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

User Ranks?

Post by DarkCrawler »

Thanks for advice. Now I got it...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
You can kill me, but-I-will-come-BACK!!!
:evil

I´m more than what you see, much more!:ultimate

A Model Family:
:wan-kurt :abyss :azazel :mystique :rogue :nocturne

I am the one that hiddens in your deepest thoughts...the one that you fear most...the one that you cant win, lost or banquish...and when you dont expect it...I will come to get you.:eeevil

"You're resourceful, Widow ... I'll give you that ... but there's no one alive as resourceful as Bullseye! No one!" (Bullseye in DareDevil 160)
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

User Ranks?

Post by SheCat »

Me, I have too much time to think, but I was wondering why some people have custom user ranks. Seems like most are mods and admins, but I'm pretty sure I've seen others. Could someone please shed light on this subject?
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
sapphirescimitar
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

User Ranks?

Post by sapphirescimitar »

Have you ever modded on a forum before? Usually it gives you the option for mods and admin to type in a custom name there. I think you can also set it to where regular users can have custom names, too, but no one really does that, for good reasons, I am sure. And there's also a place where you can set up the default names, which is usually what the members get when they reach a certain post count, etc. At the risk of reiterating, I stop there. :P

I hope that helps!
Cocnuts.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

User Ranks?

Post by Northstars Love »

I think what SheCat is asking Sapphie is how are non-Mod and non-Admins getting user rank names here on NS while most of us do not.

Is that what you are asking SheCat?
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

User Ranks?

Post by SheCat »

Yeah, **NSL**. That's what I meant.

Mostly I've seen some in the UXM discussion around pages 14-17, I think.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

User Ranks?

Post by Northstars Love »

Yes, I see one. On page 16. I don't know why tho. Ask Bamfette or Crawler. It would be up to them to ok a custom user rank title.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

User Ranks?

Post by SheCat »

Hmm, thank you very much. It's been bugging me lately. ;)
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

User Ranks?

Post by bluefooted »

Well, mine is really false advertising :) I'm not a moderator of a forum or anything - the powers that be just gave me a rank of 'moderator' so I could upload my pics to the gallery. Otherwise, someone would have to do it for me. I think most of the others that have done this have changed their names to something custom like 'artist' or 'insert cute title here', so they don't get confused with actual moderators. I've just been too lazy to request a change - don't seem to be able to do it myself. Hope that clears things up.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

User Ranks?

Post by Bamfette »

yeah, admins have to change them manually. i usually change the rank of someone i give mod status to so they don't get easily confused with the real mods. (you have to have mod status to upload to the gallery or post new topics in certain forums) but as you can see with bluefooted, i forget sometimes to ask :p

a non moderator that has a custom rank... um, well there have been a couple. little Blue Lucy got one for being the first poster to break 1000 posts, stuff like that, but we don't do it often, or we'd be spending all day changing people's ranks
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

User Ranks?

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Aww...I was on like 6000 then the site went pop! lol! Oh well.
It's also if they have an art thing right?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS