Nique banned? WTF?

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by InterNutter »

I just saw that Nique's been kicked off the board.

How and when the blue blazes did *THAT* happen?

Nique's always been a good poster and a generous soul. Why was she suddenly banned? Who was responsible?
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
sapphirescimitar
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by sapphirescimitar »

This is something I must reply to. Is she really banned? Or blocked? Or anything? I mean, I do not know her as well as others do, but as far as I have seen, I have never seen her do anything terrible. I have always thought she was rather nice, what when we would chance to meet on chat. I really hope this is not true... Never have I seen her do things as terrible as others have that are not banned at all! That is, if she has been banned. I certainly hope that it was for a good reason. A very good reason.
Cocnuts.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by sevati »

I got a u2u from postingTroll? today, who claims to be 'Nique in the Cockrum Corner. It contains the phrase 'you know that they lie at you?' If Jill, C, other Admin wants me to foward it to them, just ask. I too am curious as to why 'Nique got banned. She's a friend, and what she said kinda disturbed me (the 'lie at you' part, which I've taken several ways since 'Nique's english is sometimes a less than perfect way to explain a situation).

Or we could be reading too much into it and just 'Nique's second board name is banned... since you're not supposed to have more than one.

edit- Ok, so only the 2nd name is banned, Jogurt should still work? :?
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by MabusRex »

No, Nique is not banned. Her second account, "postingtroll?" is, but as stated, that's because second accounts aren't allowed.

Her primary account is being restricted, though, but that is neither your business nor concern. She is still able to send U2Us and when the situation resolves itself, she will have full posting priviledges returned.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Crawler »

Okay, this is the deal. You all deserve to know what has happened.

She is not banned, though she will be in a few minutes. Honestly, I think she wants to be.

Nique is sick. She has a very serious emotional problem. Read about it here.

For the past 3 months or so, she has been under the impression that we're all against her. It started small, with us forgetting to put in some chat icons (which I never saw, btw), and escalated when Mad With Power, whom Nique had a very large, nasty misunderstanding with, was mad into a mod of the Fan Creations forum.

She took that move personally, seeing a promotion for someone who she thought of as an enemy as a personal attack on herself.

She will not listen to any of us. She refuses to take ANYTHING we say as anything but an attack.

Those of you who have spoken with her online know that her English goes to pot when she's upset, and she's VERY upset.

Most of us have tried VERY hard to be supportive and Kurtlover and I have spent the better part of our online time in the last month dealing with this and trying to get her to calm down, at the very least.

Finally, she threatened to write a letter on this board saying that we've always been against her and that no one gets a fair shot here.

Most people who have spent a fair amount of time here know that this is NOT true, but conspiracy theories are the darlings of the web, and I saw it as a direct threat to the board because it was an attempt to undermine the staff.

So I took away her posting priviledges, with the intention that it would be temporary. She could still u2u people, and the fact that she signed up under a different name illustrates the fact that she was not banned.

The point is that we've tried. We have tried VERY hard, and nothing is more frusterating than a person who wont let you help them and wont help themselves.

And I'm not trying to make myself into the victim here. I need not sympathy. Nique IS the victim. She is the one who needs sympathy and support. But we can't give it to her. We've tried. If you read about her disease, you will understand the situation.

So, yes, she is now banned. She has decided that we, as a whole, are her enemy, and has made it her goal to destroy the board, one way or another.

However, she is supposedly seeking professional help, and will be welcomed back to the board, should she ever change her mind about us.

Believe me, this was not a sudden thing. And she is a friend. I care A LOT about the girl, and it frusterates the hell out of me that this is what it all came down to. Banning a friend...I never thought I'd see the day.

I'm leaving this thread open for you guys to ask questions and give Nique your sympathies.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Mad With Power »

I'm sorry that I was involved in bringing difficulties to the admins.

I think you were right -- the best thing I could do was stay quiet -- but I still feel a little guilty that I couldn't somehow set the whole silly thing right, myself.

If someone's determined to be a victim there's not much anyone can do to stop them.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Maelstrom »

Damn. :cry My heart goes out to everyone involved in this mess. Watching a friend go downhill is scary enough without them insisting it's all your fault to boot. I really help the poor woman will accept the help she so desparately needs. Perhaps relatives and friends who can physically be there will be able to get her steered back to a coherent path. I doubt seriously that she's in any shape to recognize that she even has a problem right now.

This couldn't have been an easy thing for the mods to do, but I understand why it had to be done, and I'm glad they were strong enough to do it. This way, things didn't get completely out of hand, and there's still a chance of her returning when she gets better.

Maddie, honey, you did all you could. You were just the latest, most convenient target for poor Nique to unload on. It's nothing she would do if she was in her right mind. There's even the chance that she could come back and apologize.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Melylott »

I missed a lot of this, and I wasn't particularily close with Nique, but she has my full sympathy and support. The poor girl. :( I really hope she gets the help she needs and this all works out in the end. She was a valuble member of the forum, and she will be missed while she's gone. But you guys (mods) did the right thing.
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
:austen
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by InterNutter »

I actually knew about her disorder from way back when... I just never thought it could be *this* big a problem. Ouch.

I've already volunteered to be part of her online support team :D I can't help myself. I gotta look out for people.

...and one of these days it's going to bite me even *deeper* on the arse. Sigh.
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Siona »

Crap. This musta happened when I was gone, eh?

Well, I hope she starts to recover and such, and that something like this doesn't happen again...

Yeah, pointless cheesy post, but hey, why not?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Bamfette »

no, it's just been happening behind the scenes. she hasn't done anything publicly. it's u2u's she's sent and the fact that she came out and outright said she'd try and undemine the board because we are all supposely against her. i hate to have her think we are poving her right. and i do worry and care about her. but when you run a board, you can't sacrafice it for one member. we have nealry 900 other members to worry about. we can't waste our time worrying about, and bending over backwards over just one of them. a bit callous, perhaps, but hey, we like to give everyone a fair shake. if one member gets so much attention that the rest of the board is neglected... well, we can't have that. we gave Nique that fair shake and more.
sapphirescimitar
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by sapphirescimitar »

Honestly, I do not know how to reply to this; I really did not know she had a disorder. If there is any way I can help her, I can and will. She was rather sweet and nice when we had chanced to meet, and I would never had been able to tell. I hope from my heart that she gets well and all that good stuff.

Maddie, I am sure there was nothing you could do to change anything. It was not your fault, and we all love you. :kiss :)
Cocnuts.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by Mad With Power
I'm sorry that I was involved in bringing difficulties to the admins.

I think you were right -- the best thing I could do was stay quiet -- but I still feel a little guilty that I couldn't somehow set the whole silly thing right, myself.

If someone's determined to be a victim there's not much anyone can do to stop them.
You don't have to feel guilty my friend *hugs* you didn't do anything wrong ;)

And i'm with Cath, i will join the supportive online team..if Nique lets me :shame
We supposed to be really good friends but now i think she hates me...and yes i feel really sad about it, but i guess i have to move on.

Heh, i just remembered i spent several hours trying to help, hours i supposed to be working, but bah..whatever. I thought it worth the efford.

And as Jill said you're not supposed to know about this, we tried to keep it in the "backstage" but unfortunally it came public, please i must ask you for your understanding, and nobody has the right on judging this situation, this is in the past right now, we dealed with it the best we could.

Kudos for the Admins again!!!!
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Dark Bamf »

I've missed all this too, and I'm very upset about 'Nique's banning. I didn't know about any condition, but Paty and I are both very fond of her, and have done considerable corresponding with her by email. My first indication of all this was a goodbye note she posted to me on my forum.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Siona »

Speaking of Nique, didn't she post in Cockrum's corner under the name posting?troll?

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Maelstrom »

I think that was a default bit. Since she registered twice, PostingTroll? was what she was given.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by kurtlover »

Siona i guess if she started the text by saying "hi this is me, Nique" that means it was her..dont you think? :p :rolleyes
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Crawler »

I don't know of anything that can set your username to something like that just because you registered a second name. If we could do that, we'd just set it so that you couldn't create the second name.

Nique gave herself that name. Someone told her that attacking MWP personally was trollish and she took that as being called a posting troll. Like I tried to explain, she's been VERY overreactive.

The sad thing is that some people never saw it at all while others got the full brunt of it. Suddenly someone I considered a friend was treating me like I was the antiChrist, going so far as to tell me that she hoped I burn in hell for my sins.

I must say, for the record, that there were NO personal attacks on Nique, and very very few things that could have been construed as such even by a long stretch of the imagination.

Unfortunately, this is the conclusion that this all came to. She will DEFINITELY get another chance, should she want one, as long as she stops acting like she has been.

I'm hoping that some time away from us will let her see that we were never against her.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Winnowill
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Winnowill »

I do offer her my support, thanks for leaving the thread open for us. I do feel uncomfortable with the mental nervous diagnosis put out for all to see, but she may have posted it herself in the past, I don't know. I know someone with this disorder, they do need a lot of support. I had always had the feeling that the long time posters were almost like a family. I'm saddened that it got to the point that someone was banned for what they might have potentially done in the future, instead of waiting for an actualy attack on the board. It would have seemed more clear cut. This is not a slam against the admins, just a thought from someone who will miss seeing a long time poster. Thanks.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Paty »

:mags:
Hmmmm...Having been offline due to cleaning etc...I come back to find a reall mess...Dave told me of this business...and I have read a lot of the previous posts...but not all, I admit.

I have done some correspondence with her via regular email and IM...and will contact her and see what I can get from her about all this.

Reading the description of the disease, banning her may have been the worst thing we could do...the abandonment factor, if you get my drift...but i understand that threats to the board had to be taken seriously. I shall see what i can learn and do what i can to fix this...if it is possible to fix it... I do hope my absence has not been a contributory factor here...one never knows...

I shall check in later with whatever I can learn and hellp with...

Sorry I've been gone for so long...I am just too busy to breathe these days...
Hugs to all
Paty
:mags:
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Panz »

I, too will e-mail 'nique and see if I can help. I care very much for her, but have not been able to keep in touch with a lot of people lately.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Elwing »

That really breaks my heart...I like nique a lot, and I understand what she's going trough. I hope she cools off so we can give her another chance!:(
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Nightfollower »

oh my god... i only just found this...and i cant believe it! i never ever thought of nique in such a state...i

jesus...I can't think of anything to say. she was such a cool person...I hope she comes back and realises that we wuvz her :(
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by kurtlover
Siona i guess if she started the text by saying "hi this is me, Nique" that means it was her..dont you think? :p :rolleyes
But, my sweet, you never know who's out there...pretending to be...YOU! :hide

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Nique banned? WTF?

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Wow. That sucks. Now I feel really bad. Poor Nique. I get mad sometimes too, and I know how she feels. Hope she finds her way through it. Shouldn't make any moves to talk to her huh? I wish she would understand we feel bad and dont hate her. :( :bawl
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS