off site avatars, am i retarded?

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
malicous_monk_muppet
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by malicous_monk_muppet »

I've tried to put in numerous off site avatars by entering a url in the control panel however it never works. I than noticed that you have a giant array of avatars on the site itself, are those the only ones that work?
Yes, i know malicious is spelled with another I. It is my protest agaisn't my smarter half. Him with all his knowing and stuff. Wow...shiny....
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Are these avatars hosted on your own web pages? Some free personal web page sites won't work when it comes to the avatars.Geocities I hear is one. Use Hometown AOL. That is where I host my avatars and sigs for free.:)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

also, we do have a size limit on avatars. if you enter a url to an image that is above 90x150, it will not be shown.
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Beboots »

Oh, great... Now my avatar isn't working. I found out that it wasn't working because the site I was hosting that cute little puppet-movie-nightie one I had before now has a different system, and doesn't take BMP images. So, I decided to get a brand new one...

I put it on the User Profiles, in the right place, and it doesn't work! I know I've got the right URL, because when I put it in the adress bar, it comes up with the image. What's wrong now?!

Here's the image: http://xmen.d-lyrium.net/Evolution4/ima ... wler_3.gif

Here's the site I got it from: http://xmen.d-lyrium.net/Evolution4/index2.html

What should I do?! :?
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

LOL! i think this goes in the section for site repairs and etc...
Whatever it is it's computer junk (which i have no knowledge of) i'd just say u2u chris ryan, jill some mod and ask about it
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Beboots »

...So, then... How might I move this topic there? :?

...And what's an U2U? *is clueless*

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

well firs off, only KL or another mod can move a thread. You'll have to wait it out.
As for u2u i can help you with that. Go to the firs window of nightscrawlrs you see (after the list of stuff there is, you know the window with the message board and all the great stuff) ok there should be a list of things for you to use, one is U2U instant messenging. Another way to acces it is find the person and it should say U2U after their signature (next to profiel, e-mail etc...) also, you can do yourself a huge favor go to control panel options and just find the U2U button there.
After that u2u is just like aol im or msn messenger or whatever the hell else is out there. Put who you want to send it to, topic and then whats up. :D peace of cake!
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Beboots »

Ah... So, who should I speak to? :?

...Perhaps I should just try to get an avatar from a different site... It could just be that adress' problem... :shame

Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

simple...the website its hosted on doesnt allow direct linking of their images, your not suppossed to do that anyway, you gotta save it and...put it on your own webspace...or ask Bamfette to host it in the "reserved" folder for you...woo..i sounded smart! :LOL
Call me King!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

YAH! Tatu has got it! hey you still go that gambit club icon!? where'd those go! i thought the club crumpled after the last site failure! I wanna be back in!
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Beboots »

Originally posted by TATU2005
simple...the website its hosted on doesnt allow direct linking of their images, your not suppossed to do that anyway, you gotta save it and...put it on your own webspace...or ask Bamfette to host it in the "reserved" folder for you...woo..i sounded smart! :LOL
Okay, I think that's it... Because I can get petpet pics from Neopets... But now I just need to find an accessable (sp?) Nightie avatar... Any suggestions for sites? :?

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

???:eek
this is all going in one ear and being compacted into soy products and coming out the other. i have no idea how to do this stuff. :LOL
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Beboots »

As in, do you know any sites with good Nightie avatars? :rolleyes

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

HEEYYYY! i know of some! i dunno their names...
there's always nightscrawlers.....um...i dunno look around the host sites here. There's tons of good ones here tho (THE ONE I HAVE IS MINE!!! LOL!) :D not to say that i bite your head off if i catch you wiht it. :naughty
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Beboots »

Ach, the only problem with using Nightscrawler's avatars is that several people always have the same one as you... I think I'll keep this Meepit one, for now... It's blue....

...Just stare deep into my avatar's eyes... :eek It looks cute, but it's... creepy.

Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Beboots, i was going to host the nighty avatar for you..but my webspace is being difficult right now...sorry..if i can ever log in to it i'll let you know

what i would suggest doing, is go back to the website where you found it, right click on the picture you want and chose "Save Picture As" and then attach it in this thread

viewthread.php?tid=1421

and ask bamfette, if she'll please put it in the reserved folder for you :)

now..if you'll please excuse me..i must go kick Hometown AOL for being difficult!!
Call me King!
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Beboots »

Originally posted by TATU2005
Beboots, i was going to host the nighty avatar for you..but my webspace is being difficult right now...sorry..if i can ever log in to it i'll let you know

what i would suggest doing, is go back to the website where you found it, right click on the picture you want and chose "Save Picture As" and then attach it in this thread

viewthread.php?tid=1421

and ask bamfette, if she'll please put it in the reserved folder for you :)

now..if you'll please excuse me..i must go kick Hometown AOL for being difficult!!
*shrugs* I'm to lazy for that... I had to resize my old avatar quite a bit, and it's on the other computer... *sighs* I think I'll keep this one, for now, and when I get totally sick of it, I'll change it. :X

Darkdancer
Lubber
Lubber

how to get avatar on site

Post by Darkdancer »

How do I ask Bamfete to put my avatar on the reserved page? *lost* :urg
Darkdancer

Anything nailed down is there to be admired. Anything I can pry up is not nailed down :whistle

It is a known fact that if you tie a kender on one place for more then 10 minutes it will explode. All attempts at seeing if the Mutant called Nightcrawler will have the same reaction has been unsuccessful due to the distressing habit of the nurses of moving him from a chair to a bed, claiming they merely wished for him to be more comfortable. :naughty
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

go to this thread:
viewthread.php?tid=1421
and ask her. ;)
Riley
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Riley »

umm, i finnally had the avatar i liked. it was the chicken that plucked at the ground, it was so cute. It got deleted. I understandwhy you need to delet avatars. It got deleted bacause it was too big. It didnt look to big. It was the same size as other avatars. so why did it get deleted? It wasnt that big! Was it? I just dont understand why it was deleted if it was in the avatar section,
Hey! Dont Diss the Chicken! :smirk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I quit Scrawlers sometime in November, never to return again.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

... who deleted it? i never did... go back and add itagain, shouldn'e be aproblem, i added it to the gallery myself, may have just been a bug as to why it was deleted from your profile.
Riley
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Riley »

Probobly. :oops I'll try it again.. Its just that... I LOVE THAT DARN CHICKEN!!! :bawl
Hey! Dont Diss the Chicken! :smirk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I quit Scrawlers sometime in November, never to return again.