Help?

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Help?

Post by taekwondodo »

Maybe I should be able to figure this out, but I'm so close to completely computer illiterate as makes very little difference. Ever since the site came back up all the smilies and most other graphics of any kind show up only as little white boxes w/little red x's in them. Anyone know if this is this the site or me and how I can fix it? Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, I've looked and can't find it and I'm getting tired of a screen full of little boxes and no pretty pictures.
Thx,
TKD
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Help?

Post by Northstars Love »

Try cleaning out your cookie file. Your temp files. That always seems to help for me:)
crow
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Help?

Post by crow »

I think its the site....cause I clean out my cookies every time I get off line. So it's not just you taekwondodo! It's me too.
~CROW~
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Help?

Post by BAMFCentral »

You need to clean out your internet cache... This is the folder that contains all your recently viewed web pages and content.

If using IE go to Tools... Internet Options... In the general Tab.. Look fo rthe delete Files button in the Temporary Internet Files group. Then simply refresh the page. Alternately try holding the control button down when you click the refresh button.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Help?

Post by kurtlover »

Go to panel control and check your profile, maybe you have the wrong theme selected, you should be in default...maybe its that.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Help?

Post by taekwondodo »

I tried all of the above - deleted cookies, deleted files, changed to default, refreshed the page - no joy. I am cursed, either my computer or the site hates me. Oh well, I'm open to any further suggestions and thanks to all who have tried to help so far. I'm just confused because I didn't have a problem before.
TKD
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Help?

Post by Northstars Love »

What browser are you using? I use Opera for Nightscrawlers(-this is the only way I can get my U2U messages). If I want to chat on NS I use IE6. Opera doesn't work in chat for some reason. I use Netscape 7.1 browser because IE6 sometimes has trouble with Java and Netscape doesn't. Try downloading a few different browsers. That may help you. Or, I'm not sure what operating system you have, but sometimes getting updates help. It's always good to get updates for your computer:).
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Help?

Post by taekwondodo »

Danke schoen! I'll try and see if any of the above *pts up* work.